Seymour Duncan livewire blackout wiring please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan livewire blackout wiring please help

I'm trying to wire Seymour Duncan active livewires to a Kramer pacer. 2 singles 1 Humbucker. No tone 1 volume using 3 spst switches. When all are connected I get sounds out of the singles and nothing from the humbucker, when the humbucker is connected alone there's sound. These are also connected with 2 9v batteries. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or does anyone have a simple schematic using spst switches. Thank you

Re: Seymour Duncan livewire blackout wiring please help

You might have a cold joint on the battery wires.

Comment

I soldered both leads and connected to the hot output per the sd schematic

Comment

Check all your grounds.

Comment

Had a bad hum, everything is grounded now, no hum but humbucker still has nothing. Connected the white line to one pole and a jumper with a ground parallel to each switch, connected all the reds together and to the batteries, even the pickups that do have sounds it is very low even with the volume pot all the way up it's a 500 k

Comment

You're supposed to use 25k pots, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthemasses View Post
              You're supposed to use 25k pots, dude.
              I thought Duncan active's used 100k? Regardless, that won't stop them from working. They'd just be super bright.

Post a pic of your soldering/wiring.

Comment

Thanks I'll try that, but the diagram that came with them recommends 500

Comment

Originally posted by steveguitar View Post
                  Thanks I'll try that, but the diagram that came with them recommends 500
                  Which Blackouts do you have? All the diagrams I see use 25k, and one uses 100k. (The Dave Mustain set.)

Comment

I do apologize they say 100 and 250 I don't know where I seen the 500 but would that really be my problem?

Comment

Just ordered a 100k Vol pot and after re reading the instructions realized that the input jack I was using was mono so I ordered a stereo jack, the mini switches I have are 550 do they matter it doesn't seem to specify mini switches

Comment

The original livewires used 2 9v and 100k pots. The live wire 2's and the blackouts use 25k pots just like Emg's.

You can use 250k if you put a resistor in parallel to bring the values down to 100kish on the original ones.

It sounds like you have original live wires not the 2's or the blackouts. If you have mixed sets or something you will have a problem as the originals are out of phase with the 2's, the blackouts and EMG's. If you mixed a livewire 1 with blackouts they will be out of phase and use different value pots.

Switches won't have any value, they are on or off.

Comment

The SD blckouts come with everything you need. I've never seen a set up with active and passive pickups in one guitar. That may be why you're having trouble.

Comment

Working...
                          X