Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Pickup For Which Guitar?

Hey guys,
    I have a Screamin' Demon and a 1979 X2N and have 2 guitars I can put them in for now. Both different tonewoods. Looking to see what you guys think would be my best option for each pickup.
    The options:
    Basswood with maple neck and rosewood fretboard (may have a 250k volume but I don't know for sure)
    Poplar with maple neck and rosewood fretboard
    Both solidbody with vintage type trem and 22 frets with 1v1t

I mostly play metal with Punk influences. My main amp is a Peavey Vypyr 30W.

Which pickup do you guys think should go in which guitar?

Re: Which Pickup For Which Guitar?

Oh and the basswood guitar is muddy in the low end with a bit too much treble. The poplar guitar's bridge pickup is dead so I have no clue what I'm missing there.

Comment

Re: Which Pickup For Which Guitar?

The demon should clean up the low end on the basswood guitar, but it does have quite a bit of treble. I don't know if you excessive treble is from the current pickup and pots or if the guitar is just naturally bright. I would put it in with a 500k pot and if its too bright put the 250k back in (the 250k could also be where some of that muddiness is coming from). I've never tried an X2N and am unfamiliar with how the sound so I can't offer any advice regarding that.
      sigpic
      Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
      X