Help with wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wiring.

Hello, i cant figure out how to wire out my new pickups, so im hoping to get some help here.

I have a TB-5 and a yjm fury, both are 4 conductor pickups, so i guess the yjm is wired up as a humbucker.
    I will be using this 5 way switch(http://www.guitarfetish.com/Strat-5-...ram_p_704.html):which has 8 'feet'
    I also want a volume and a push/pull tone control.

Positions i want are:
    1- Neck full
    2- Neck parallel
    3-Neck and bridge full
    4- Bridge parallel
    5- Bridge full.

The push/pull i want to split both pickups; and make active the inner coil of the bridge pickup and the 'upper' coil of the yjm.(is this possible?)

I have been looking at diagrams but none seems to do what i want, and others use a 5 way switch with a lot more 'feet' than 8.

Thanks a lot in advance
    Attached Files
    Sorry for my bad english .

Re: Help with wiring.

That's a standard 5-way where position 2 = 1+3 and position 4 = 3+5. If you want to play with the coils you either need a 5-way Super Switch or another switch or two to mess with the coils.

Comment

So no coil spliting or parallel on this one?

Sent from phone...

Comment

Splitting is possible, but limited. You could do something along these lines:

Comment

Thanks. Reading what it says there, to have the Full neck, and full bridge pickups on positions 1 and 5, another kind of switch is needed, right?

Comment

No, you can have full bridge/neck on 1/5, but then you would be limited how you can split. I believe you would only be able to split when neck/bridge are on together (unless someone else has a trickier diagram for a standard 5-way)

Comment

Uhm... that would not be too bad. To me the most important are full bridge and neck, and both together on the center. 2 and 4 are not very important

Comment

Working...
              X