Wiring Les Paul need help ... Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Les Paul need help ... Noob

So I have my guitar wired, plugged into a amp, no strings .... When my three way switch is in the treble (bridge) pickup position bridge pickup works... Controlls for that turn it on and off... When it's in the middle position both pickups work ... When it's in the rhythm (neck) position , the bridge comes in.... What did I do wrong Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412813557.858449.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	5834843Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412813591.768681.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	5834844

Re: Wiring Les Paul need help ... Noob

Can't see the key parts of the wires. The colors going into the white quick connect are totally different from the ones coming out going to the switch and I can't see what maps to what. I also can't see the wires from the neck volume pot.

Just a curiosity question: Why is there a quick connect to the switch? None of the components on either side of it can easily be removed to be of value.

Comment

I had a epiphone push pull wiring rip in there, but I scrapped it and kept the quick connect in there... I think it might be some of the issue

Comment

Rip out all of the wiring related to that quick connect, download a wiring diagram from the SD site and wire it that way. Get the one for single conductor pups
        sigpic
        Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
        X