banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Rio Grande Muy Grande pupcover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Rio Grande Muy Grande pupcover.

Hi to all!
    I would like to inform if someone knows if the Rio Grande Muy Grande Single Coil will fit a standard single coil cover such as one of a Texas Special?
    Anyone who knows?
    Thanks in advance for any replies!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Re: Question about Rio Grande Muy Grande pupcover.

not sure, i kinad thought they were like a qp and didnt need a cover, but maybe some one who has some can chime in

Comment

Nope, no covers needed with the Rio Muy Grande, it's built like a tele lead pickup (minus the baseplate).
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Crap, i am really misinformed by the website i am bying from then. Check out this picks of their Muy Grande, it shows a Rio Grande (and regarding to the pole pieces it really is the Muy Grande) and it has covers on it:
        http://www.musik-produktiv.de/shop2/shop04.asp/artnr/100013872/sid/!06082002/quelle/listen
        You can zoom in on that page as well to see the pup cover more clear, and it seems an original Rio Grande one as well...
        Another one for the white version:
        http://www.musik-produktiv.de/shop2/shop04.asp/artnr/100013871/sid/!06082002/quelle/listen
        Guys i don't want to say that you guys are wrong or that you don't know what you are talking about, on the contrary, i really appreciate your replies!
        Really am confused with this one...
        Can anyone clear this one?
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Last time I owned one (about 3 years ago) it didn't have a cover. Maybe Rio changed the specs or cosmetics on it.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The pickups in those pictures on that website dont look like Muy Grandes they look like Half Breeds. The Muy Grande polepieces are flush with the top of the pickup with no cover on it. To double check incase something has changed recently I looked on Riograndes website and it doesnt show or say anything about any changes. (doesnt mean there havent been some and they havent updated the site) All I know is none of mine have covers on them just a top plate thats pearloid or black or whatever...
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!
              I ve mailed Rio Grande to make sure about it, but i guess Edgecrusher will be right about the website displaying Halfbreeds instead of Muy Grandes. It ll probably be that, but i ll let you guys know as soon as i have a reply from Rio Grande.
              Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

I owned a set and they're like QP flats. No cover needed.

Snowdog

Comment

I have just received a mail From Allen at Rio Grande, and it seems the picks on the website are indeed Muy Grandes, with a cover. He told me that since a short while the Muy Grande comes with a special custom cover (black or white). Strange the website did not mention it, it was bloody confusing! Guess they still need to update it...
                  Thumbs up for the quick and friendly reply Allen has sent, seems Rio has real good support!!

Comment

Wow thats interesting... thanks for posting the reply... well atleast now you can get the pickus you want with the sound you want.. .cool!
                    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
                    X