P90 & humbucker combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 & humbucker combos

I have a tv yellow schecter tempest custom that comes with a p-90 neck and a "duncan designed" humbucker in the bridge spot. i want to tear these out and put a set of good SD's in, but i'm not sure what a good combo would be. i play hard rock and like a real cruchy sound. any thoughts? thanks all!
    www.buddyhawke.com

"The most punk rock thing you can do is call yourself "punk rock"." - Great philosopher

Re: P90 & humbucker combos

I'd go with either a vintage P-90 for the neck and a Custom 5 in the bridge, or for a slightly more aggresive sound (and no noise ), a P-90 stack in the neck and a Custom in the bridge.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

What kind of wood is the Tempest made out of?

Comment

The Tempest is a mahogany body, mahogany bolt-on neck, and rosewood fretboard. thanks!
        www.buddyhawke.com

"The most punk rock thing you can do is call yourself "punk rock"." - Great philosopher

Comment

i love a 59b and vintage p90n. do not underestimate vintage-output pickups. they will drive an amp pretty hard and they retain clarity with dollops of gain without sounding compressed. the 59b grinds and crunches hard. the vintage p90 sounds heavenly in the neck.
          the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Comment

Working...
          X