Product idea: Triple Shot back plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Product idea: Triple Shot back plate

Well we can state this as a fact. No one in this thread but you think controls on the back are a good idea. Fact Gibson has tried many goofy things over the years that have fallen flat on their faces when it came to public reception E.G. Firebird X

If a person wanted series or parallel as a set it and forget option they would just do it with the wiring. Which people do.

The back plate is very difficult to get to while you do a double stop bend or in the middle of a scalar run. Its not even so convenient to swap between songs.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      The back plate is very difficult to get to while you do a double stop bend or in the middle of a scalar run. Its not even so convenient to swap between songs.
      So true my friend. Playing guitar takes a lot of muscle and aural memory. I can not set it and forget it and hope my tone is going to be right for the remainder of the song. I am constantly dialing in my tone, sometimes even using a different pickup or combo, than I used in practice. If you are playing live every room sounds different. Some are lively others are dead. The ceiling, carpets, flooring and even the crowd can drastically affect your tone. I would never rely on a control or switch I could not get to handily in a live situation.

This reminds me of a thread that was here a while back. The OP was asking who hits knobs and switches when practicing unplugged. A surprising percentage of us admitted to doing it and most times laughing at ourselves when catching ourselves. A switch behind the guitar is just a back feature (in my humble opinion).

Comment

Well we can state this as a fact. No one in this thread but you think controls on the back are a good idea.
        Sample size. If one out of ten guitarists bought a given product, it would be a blockbuster success.

Fact Gibson has tried many goofy things over the years that have fallen flat on their faces when it came to public reception E.G. Firebird X
        Gibson hasn't tried this specific idea.

If a person wanted series or parallel as a set it and forget option they would just do it with the wiring. Which people do.
        DIY requires know how, plyg'n'play doesn't, and it saves time, already addressed above. Plus, a typical push pull scheme doesn't do all that a Triple Shot does.

I never claimed this product concept was intended to please everybody. If a person wants lots of tone choices while retaining a stock looking instrument (from the front), they inevitably have to sacrifice something, it's merely a question of what.

Thanks for showing so much interest in this idea, though. You're keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Bro... it's just not a very good idea for most guitarists.

For you maybe, but you're different from most guitarists, as evidenced by this thread.

Comment

This crowd isn't very forward-thinking when it comes to future product ideas. What about a Bluetooth control set that you could clip to your strap near the top horn, or discreetly stick on the top/backside of the top horn of the guitar, out of sight but easy to access? Or what about a touchscreen pickguard where you can use specific gestures to switch the coils and tones? Or a wireless foot pedal triple-shot coil switcher?

Comment

Yeah this it pretty avant gard stuff, makes the Roland GR-55 look about as sophisticated as a b-bender.

Comment

Working...
              X