X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB-18 vs PATB-3?

I am really loving both the of the duncans i bought used,
    i got a TB-18 WLH trembucker and a 78 trembucker
    but want to ask how does the blues saraceno PATB-3 compare to these two?
    They are all in the classic paf range but it look like the blues is the only one that was specifically made for floyds?
    How would one sound compared with those other awesome duncans?
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Re: TB-18 vs PATB-3?

Its been a few years since I`ve played the Blues Trembucker but compared to the 78 and WLH I`d say its maybe a little more modern sounding didn't really sound too vintagey, it`s got a touch of compression but nowhere like say the JB. Pretty balanced sounding , just maybe a tad scooped in the mids. YMMV but its definitely a great pickup. Years ago I had the CS do a rewind on a 59 to the specs of the Blues Trembucker with the standard bobbins and pole pieces of course ,I eventually sold it to someone here . Now that pickup had the vibe of the WLH , a somewhat hot open sounding balls to the wall PAF
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Re: TB-18 vs PATB-3?

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
      Its been a few years since I`ve played the Blues Trembucker but compared to the 78 and WLH I`d say its maybe a little more modern sounding didn't really sound too vintagey, it`s got a touch of compression but nowhere like say the JB. Pretty balanced sounding , just maybe a tad scooped in the mids. YMMV but its definitely a great pickup. Years ago I had the CS do a rewind on a 59 to the specs of the Blues Trembucker with the standard bobbins and pole pieces of course ,I eventually sold it to someone here . Now that pickup had the vibe of the WLH , a somewhat hot open sounding balls to the wall PAF
      Thanks so i am better off staying with the WLH?
      I had a 59 in my jackson SL2H for years and did really like it.
      I guess i was wishing it had more mids and a touch more output.
      The WLH was a gamble but it paid off since it is has everything i felt the 59 was lacking in my guitar
      But i am still wondering if the blues would be even better for someone coming from 59?
      When i did a search for the 59 vs blues many said they are pretty similar expect the blues has more output
      and is slightly warmer? that really does not sound like as much a benefit as what the WLH bright to the table.
      The WLH has those elements over a 59 too but also has better mids,cleans up great and feels great under the fingers.
      Maybe my best bet is to buy a new blues and if it does not impress me like the WLH just exchange it for another WLH to put in a used guitar i just got?
      Excellent deals with,
      Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
      Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
      slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
      guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
      51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
      king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Working...
      X