Fullsized Scremon Demon w/STD Bobbin Screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fullsized Scremon Demon w/STD Bobbin Screws

I finally got around to replacing the row of allen screws on my fullsized Scremon Demon I have in one of my strats..

I Liked the outcome...Is it me,or did the screws make the pickup a bit ballsier overall? It's a slight change,but one I do notice..

Thanks to 3 Cent Hero and Stratandaks for sending me the screws...I like the way the pickup sounds and so I'm leaving the standard bobbin screws in place...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Fullsized Scremon Demon w/STD Bobbin Screws

I tried all slotted screws in my Demon only I installed it in the neck of my Peavey T-60. It's got balls for sure, especially in the neck. I never bothered to try it in stock form. I will probably try it stock next and then finally all hex.

Comment

To my ears, that is the way the Demon SHOULD sound.

Comment

Do you have an A5 or an A2 magnet in there? I've got a Demon and a Custom that I'm trying to decide between for my LP.

Comment

I'm planning on changing out the Demon that I have in my Gordon Smith as it's not really 'doing it' for me in this guitar. Where can I get some screws from so that I can try the Demon with all slotted screws before I finally decide if I want to replace it with something else?

Sorry to hijack the thread

Craig

Comment

Brow you can swap 6 screws from an old pickup you may have lying around. If you need to purchase just the screws you might find them at stewmac.com or AMPGE ( if he is still selling parts).

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
              Do you have an A5 or an A2 magnet in there? I've got a Demon and a Custom that I'm trying to decide between for my LP.
              I have the stock A5 in mine...
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
                Brow you can swap 6 screws from an old pickup you may have lying around. If you need to purchase just the screws you might find them at stewmac.com or AMPGE ( if he is still selling parts).
                Thanx for the tip

I'll look into buying some to try before I change the pup for something else.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X