Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Tele Wiring Question

Hi Everyone,
    I'm building a tele type guitar and am planning to use a humbucker neck and single coil tele bridge pick ups. I'm thinking of using a five way switch, splitting the humbucker, 2 volume, and 1 tone.

1. neck humbucker
    2. neck single
    3. neck humbucker and bridge
    4. neck single and bridge
    5. bridge

Is this set up possible? I haven't seen a drawing of this type of wiring. Maybe I just missed it.
    I would like the 2 volumes to be independent of each other.
    Should I use 250k or 500k pots? Could I use 250k for the single coil bridge and 500k for the humbucker?
    As you can see at this point I have many more questions than answers. I,m learning alot and having fun building this thing. So much so that I've ordered another body for my next project already. Any help would be much appreciated; I know there are alot of very knowledgable people here. Thanks,RD.

Re: Project Tele Wiring Question

Hey Rob; Welcome to the forum. The problem with that arrangment, is pos #3. Positions #1, #2, #4, and #5 are easy. A 5-way switch only has 3 terminals and a common. When you're in pos #3, you just have one terminal connected to the common, so getting the neck and bridge together is difficult.

I believe you can do do this using a "Superswitch", but you'ld have to determine if you have the room, and want to go to the expense of buying one.

I'll check back to this thread after getting home from Orlando tonight.

Artie

Comment

Re: Project Tele Wiring Question

Thanks Artie,
      Will the super switch fit in a standard tele rout? It looks a little wide. Where can I get a schematic for this wiring set up?

Comment

Working...
      X