X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Les Pauls

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Im not talking about Simon F... Im talking about you. Stop trying to deflect to others. Just because someone else has done it doesnt absolve you of anything.

So you're not going to be confronting Simon about using generalizations and spreading misinformation then? Too bad you ran out of gas when it came to talking to the big boys.

('Absolved' for what? Duncan people are setting the standards here, if they're doing it, then it's obviously there's no problem).
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
      This thread wins the "WTF of the Week" award.
      You can say that again

OP I got the point very clear. I am one of those guilty of making that 59 can be BOOMy statement.
      sigpic
      Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
      JFG Flying V,
      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
      John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
        OMG. No one? Duncan Administrator Simon F, said in two posts on 1-17-15 in the thread about WLH vs '59 Tone:

"In a Les Paul the neck pick up can be too bass heavy."

"WLH's are like a '59 set that has been optimized for a Les Paul."

No specific models mentioned! Generalizations! So why don't you boys straighten him out about bassy LP's, since he's apparently using generalizations and spreading misinformation. And while you're at it, tell him that he's not doing things the correct way on this forum.
        And which part of "can" don't you understand.

In any case, I am talking about informed forum discussions. The marketing front-end is not allowed to give out accurate information to unwashed masses consumers. The fretboard material is all that matters, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
          Man, I see the same regulars always turning out for the most pointless arguments on this forum! You guys should give it a rest!
          Check out my new sig!
          Soundcloud

Comment

So you're not going to be confronting Simon about using generalizations and spreading misinformation then? Too bad you ran out of gas when it came to talking to the big boys.

('Absolved' for what? Duncan people are setting the standards here, if they're doing it, then it's obviously there's no problem).
            Simon is not participating in this thread but you are. You are the one that came in here to make it about you cause you thought that G175 was singling you out. You are the one that wants to turn this into an inquisition and its not it started as a request a simple suggestion that apparently unnerved you cause like i said earlier you smell particularly guilty.
            "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
            you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

OMG. No one? Duncan Administrator Simon F, said in two posts on 1-17-15 in the thread about WLH vs '59 Tone:
              BTW Simon F is an admin on the website he is not an official mouth piece for SD as he is not an employee so dont make it out like he is.
              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
                Simon is not participating in this thread but you are. You are the one that came in here to make it about you cause you thought that G175 was singling you out. You are the one that wants to turn this into an inquisition and its not it started as a request a simple suggestion that apparently unnerved you cause like i said earlier you smell particularly guilty.

Guilty of what? Duncan makes the rules here, not the members.
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by DreX View Post
                  Man, I see the same regulars always turning out for the most pointless arguments on this forum! You guys should give it a rest!
                  I just did a double take.
                  Originally posted by Myaccount876
                  Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

The problem is that some individuals get into rotaries and spin themselves dead (and everybody else) based on things that somebody else did not actually say.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
                      The problem is that some individuals get into rotaries and spin themselves dead (and everybody else) based on things that somebody else did not actually say.
                      Like Simon, right? I looked that one up.

Comment

Like Simon, right? I looked that one up.
                        He said "can" and you treated it as "will".

But that isn't the main point. The main point is that you go into a self-circle about it and mess up useful discussion, and I mean all over the forum.

Comment

This is what this thread has devolved into.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_165373627701651.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	5784036
                          sigpic
                          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I'm just replying so that this is easier for me to find later. Y'all are adorable.

Pray, continue.
                            ---------------------------
                            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                              I'm just replying so that this is easier for me to find later. Y'all are adorable.

Pray, continue.

Pretty educational so far, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X