hybride faves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hybride faves

what are your guys favorite hybrid pickup combinations. mine is a paf pro and humbucker from hell. super clean clear sound. great smooth clear tone under high gain. its cool because when you combine them you still have 2 pickups that sound different. so whats yours?
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Re: hybride faves

has noone tryed taking pickups apart and combining the coils with those of other pickups?

Comment

Heh you do not wanna know
      My latest bastard is a Wolfgang with a mix from the neck and the bridge, the slugcoil is the bridge and the screw is the neck.
      Less hot than before, but still unmistakenly a Wolfgang pickup.

Comment

does it sound better than before?

Comment

No just different..only slightly...not that it sounded bad as it was

Comment

This has been the subject of much discussion on the forum - mixing coils from different pickups, all started by a thread from Bachtorock regarding the pickups (allegedly) used by one Mr E V Halen. I've currently got a Pearly Gates/Custom hybrid in a Kramer Pacer Custom (using the PG's A2 mag), and another with the Customs ceramic mag lying around.
            GUITARS
            STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
            AMPS
            Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

My favorite Bridge pickup is still the 59B/Custom Hybrid with an Alnico magnet... as far as a neck pickup, I love a Hybrid using a JazzN coil and a 59N coil...
              GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Working...
              X