About IBZ und Dimarzio pup colour match/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About IBZ und Dimarzio pup colour match/

Does the colour of wires of IBZ PUP (mine ibanez pup V7 and V8) match with Dimarzio pup(mine Humb fom hell Air Zone).
    Will replace V to Dimarzio.

Re: About IBZ und Dimarzio pup colour match/

Nope, they have different wiring codes!! Pay attention to where the old solder points were, and compare to the diagram shown on the DiMarzio website, you ll figure out easy were goes were this way, but i m 100% that the wiring codes on the V-series by Ibanez are not the same as DiMarzio's wiring code. When having any trouble installing, feel free to contact me, i ll try to help you out then!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.D
      Does the colour of wires of IBZ PUP (mine ibanez pup V7 and V8) match with Dimarzio pup(mine Humb fom hell Air Zone).
      Will replace V to Dimarzio.
      no, but all dimarzio buckers are as follows,
      red= hot
      black+ white= twisted together and taped back or used for coil tap
      green+ bare= ground

Comment

Originally posted by SABOTAGE
        no, but all dimarzio buckers are as follows,
        red= hot
        black+ white= twisted together and taped back or used for coil tap
        green+ bare= ground
        Very true!! You can't miss anymore now!
        And if your guitar is a H-S-H, you ll probably have an out of phase sound in #2 of your 5-way, if this is the case, simply reverse the green and red wire on your dimarzio humbucker and he ll ne nicely in phase from that moment on!
        Have fun customising!
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Thanks.
          My guitar iz Ibanez rg1620xgk its HH with scalloped fretboard(my job). I like my pups and the factory combination of pup. After installing them ill post "MSO" - myshredopilization.

Comment

Working...
          X