I got my Trembucker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my Trembucker!

I finally got my PATB-1 today! I thoughtlessly had the store send it to my house, not my dorm, so my parents had to send it up and USPS was SLOW! (a package mailed the same time made it to Arizona 3 days earlier!) Anyway, I am LOVING this pickup. I haven't had a chance to run it through my amp yet, but through my headphones (and Boss GT6) it sounds mighty fine!
    It replaced a 59n that was in the bridge of my Strat, so obviously it is considerably hotter and fuller sounding, but I find it to be pretty bright still, which is good for what I want from this guitar. The pickup itself is an older model from what I can tell - no silkscreen and it just has a TREMBUCKER logo on the back with patent applied for, made by Seymour Duncan in USA or something like that. Unfortunately, soldering in a little dorm room is not easy, so I managed to screw up my tone control, but I'm not going to worry about that for the time being.
    Clean, it sounds pretty good, with a reasonably even EQ to my ears anyway, maybe with a little push in the bass. The pickup shines more in the gainy territory though. I find it to be very articulate sounding, and very tight. It's a lot more even then the C-5 in my SG, which is unfortunate, because now I'm going to be less satisfied with that.
Working...
X