Anyone compare a Custom to a BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone compare a Custom to a BBQ?

I have been using the BBQ/Texas for some time now in my Dean Evo and have been seriously considering a swap with someone for a Custom/59 set. I want to try something different in this guitar for a while. I am trying to avoid going to actives, boutique makers, Bill Lawrence, etc.

I am curious what some may have found with the Custom compared to the BBQ.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone compare a Custom to a BBQ?

I think you will find the Tone you are looking for with the Duncan Custom/59 Combo.

Comment

The custom is a little louder with more bass and less mids... But prefer the way the mids on a bbq... they give to me a bolder chunkier sound while the custom is smoother
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher
        The custom is a little louder with more bass and less mids... But prefer the way the mids on a bbq... they give to me a bolder chunkier sound while the custom is smoother
        Yes, the BBQ is a nice pickup but I was up for something new. C-5 or Custom.

Do you find the Custom has tighter bass? Better cleans?

Comment

Yeah I think the Custom has tighter bass than the BBQ... As far as better cleans go... well depends on how you like your cleans... My cleans are right on the edge of breaking up... So if I hit the strings hard it distorts a little... for that the BBQ is better I think... But if you like your cleans smoother more open and less nasally the Custom would win...
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Thanks Edgcrusher.....my only issue with the BBQ is sometimes I feel it is lacking highs for cutting lead.

Comment

Ah ok i can understand that... Thats actually one of the attributes of the pickup that I really like... I'm not a fan of bright jangly pickups... incidently I dont think the Custom is overly bright... but it is brighter than the BBQ

Comment

Working...
              X