duncan distortion TB-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan distortion TB-6

i have been playing my 1991 hamer centaura that has a maple neck and an adler dinky strat body with a hot rail(neck) and a ssl-1(middle) and a TB-6 (bridge) man does this thing rock ,crunch ,scream ,ect!!!!!!!!! and the best part is it has a great blues tone through my soldano hot rod it sounds like gov't mule deep end vol. 1 man that is awesome ! i couldn't believe it was a DD i had to check . i'm a huge JB fan and would have never thought i would dig the ceramic magnet tone but in this guitar it is sick ! it won't be coming out anytime soon.
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: duncan distortion TB-6

I know what you mean. I'm loving my SH-6n. Especially split. Its like three pups in one.

Its almost a shame they gave it the "Distortion" name. I wonder how many folks might be put-off by that, and never find out how amazing this thing is clean.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      I
      Its almost a shame they gave it the "Distortion" name. I wonder how many folks might be put-off by that, and never find out how amazing this thing is clean.
      yeah that name is a bit misleading since NO pup gives off distortion per say
      a pup will drive the preamp section of the amp harder if it has more MV's
      but it never it actually sending a distorted signal

I think what seymour was shooting for is to let players know that if you use a lower gain amp like the jcm 800 or the older SLP's the DD will juice the front end of the amp more than say a PG or JB will
      i would have called the pup the "duncan roaring lion with a great tone"
      or maybe just the PUNISHER

Comment

well, i am in the hunt for a new SD PuP and i've read a few threads about SD Distorstion and yes, the name of the PuP is misleading. I've tried the APH (b) and the CC, but niether are doing it for me. I was thinking a JB as my next option. But let me ask you guys something. I play a Les Paul Studio with an APH in the neck I really dig, how would the SH-6 sound in the LP? Have you ever heard an SH-6 in an LP?

Sounds like a great PuP!
        Guitars: '12 LP Standard, Mid-90s 335, mid-90s LP Studio, mid-90s Am Standard Tele, '05 Larivee D-03 Acoustic
        Amps: Bogner Shiva 1x12 combo, Bogner Goldfinger 45, Bogner OS 2x12 Cabinet
        Pedals: Shur Riot, TS-9, Little Big Muff Pi, CE Audio Boost, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Carbon Coby, EHX Small Clone, TC Electronics Vortex Flange, Fulltone Clyde Wah, vintage Ernie Ball volume pedal, Big Shot ABY, Boss OC-2 Octave
        Pedalboard: Furman pedalboard SPB-8C

Comment

you're right about the name it put me off and if it wasn't in the guitar already idon't know if i would have tried it myself but it is very cool good cleans and great raw rock tones!!!!!
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

IMHO, the DD is as good as it gets.

Comment

it is pretty bad ass in my book ! too bad it took me like forever to try one
              Suhr OD-50
              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

If your thinking about getting one, and you play blues or metal, do it! I dont think I can get a better metal tone. I am pleased to the max and than some with this pup. It should work awesome in an LP because they have a nice thick wood for the body just like my Schecter!!

P.S. Look at the thread call "I put a SH-6b in my lespaul". That should sum it up for ya!
                Last edited by Schecter006Elite; 02-12-2005, 04:03 PM.
                Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

Hey fellow tone seekers. I just put a DD in the bridge of my RG and love it. Now it's time for a new neck p/u. Question? For metal leads and some clean work as well would the Full shread be better than a DD in the neck?

Comment

Working...
                  X