Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage stack for tele - neck question

guys

anyone have experience with the "vintage stack for tele - neck" pickup? specifically, is the cover already on an 'isolated' ground? ... i want to install it with a 4 way switch (in order to get both pickups in series as a combination) and the instructions for the switch say i need to 'lift' the ground of the cover then reattach a new ground wire to preserve shielding

as i look at the pickup i think that i see that each of the 4 little 'pads' has one teeny tiny little strand of a wire leading to it, then each pad has its own colored wire (red, white, black green) leading from it ... the bare wire seems to be attached to a tab that is part of the cover (which would suggest taht it is already 'lifted')

any one know for sure?

soldering iron idling here

thanks
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: vintage stack for tele - neck question

From what I can tell on mine, the bare wire looks like it connected to the cover. I might be wrong... I did try VS set with a 4-way switch. Give it a try....
    -Butch

Comment

thanks butch

how did the VS set sound with the 4 way?

i have another problem now (ugh) .. the CTS 250K ohm audio taper pots have a shaft that is too thick to fit in my control plate hole ... either have to drill out the hole or buy a new plate or reuse the okd tiny (alpha) pots

t4d
      gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

It sounded good... But, I believe there are other pickups out there that sound better with the 4-way scheme.
        -Butch

Comment

i wanted to finish the thread out with the correct answer i discovered just in case anyone ever does an archive search on this topic:

yes, the "vintage stack for tele - neck" has a bare wire that is attached only to the cover, so it can be grounded normally (for shielding) and the pup can be hooked up to the 4-way switch without any need for additional wires, etc ... easy as pie

thanks to all who helped .. i'll start a new thread for my review

cheers
          t4d
          Last edited by tone4days; 02-14-2005, 09:33 AM.
          gear list in profile

Comment

Working...
          X