strat quarter pounder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strat quarter pounder question

how much does a strat quarter pounder untapped retain strat character?
    "Your momma's whack, your granny's wack, I keep a handy wipe in my fanny pack" -Ill mitch

Re: strat quarter pounder question

To me, it doesn't really sound like a Strat at all when its full on. The output goes up noticeably, but you lose all the "jangle" that I associate with single-coils. Its a great sound - but it isn't "Strat". IMHO

On the other hand, when you do tap it, the Strat appears.

Comment

I sold my quarter pounders, cause they couldn't satiesfied me. Why?
      They have a great clean sound, also more meat than single-Coils under high gain, but they sound a bit mid-focussed (? did i wrote this right?), the frequencies don't have a wide range, when you look at the tone chart.
      The other thing is that they are not well matched as a set.
      They is no bridge or neck model, you have the same output on all positions and that means that you need to keep the neck pickup far away from the strings, or its not balanced well with the bridge PU.
      What i also didn't like is the fact, that on the neck position the pickup is too bassy ot too thick.
      I liked it on the bridge, but not on the neck position.
      And as a set with regular single-Coils i also don't like it.
      What i also miss, is that they don't have a pickup cover, neither are they available in white!
      Pickups... the final frontier.
      These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
      Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

I think the QP series is great. To my ears, you get all the qualities of what makes the instruments "what they are", but more of it. That's not for everyone, but I really like the QP Strat & Tele pups.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
        X