Alnico II Pro with an A5 Magnet - Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alnico II Pro with an A5 Magnet - Neck

Awesome thanks blueman! Btw i've been lurking on the forum for awhile and you were the one who gave me ideas for magnet swaps. The Epi LP in my profile pic came with the two EPi P90 pro's which are great pickups, but the 2 a5s in the neck and the bridge were overly bright (especially the bridge) and i swapped one A5 out of the bridge with an A8 and added an A4 to the neck, and that solved the issue without much fuss. Sounds awesome now. Thanks again!

Comment

Hey all so i did the surgery and am happy with the sound but the neck pickup was a little tough to push the magnet out. Everything seemed to go fine except a wire in the corner of the pickup came loose, but i thought it was just the wax that was holding it. Anyway, when I put everything back together and tried it I noticed there was a bit more noise with the gain on my amp than there normally was. Is it possible i disconnected a ground or something? Any easy way to check/fix? Thanks!!

Comment

Does it have copper shielding wrapped around it? It has a wire that is soldered to the baseplate and it’s easy to break it when you pry the baseplate from the coils. Simply fix by soldering it.

Comment

Hey thanks I didn't actually pry the baseplate off... I just removed the tape loosened the bobbin screws and pushed the magnet out from the side with the wires with a flathead screwdriver. I can check the wire and post pictures tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X