the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Well, finally I could get some studio time... on the 1st of October!

Man, it feels like this p'up it's been cursed from the get go. Everything that involved it got wrong, delayed, dismissed, backfired, etc. at one point or another.

I'm a man that's got nothing but his word. So I'm going to keep it! Darn it!!!
    Last edited by LtKojak; 09-24-2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Keep staying positive, I'm thinking this pickup is a winner already even without hearing it!

Comment

Well, the fact that you like the pickup is encouraging. The rest will fall into place, and I'm patient. No worries, Pepe.

And I'm sure others also feel this way.
        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

+1^,
          I trust you to do the best video possible, and although my bucks are kinda limited, I may be more liquid in the mid future, so I wait very patiently, and stay very curious. I have loved my SH-2 Neck, but need that same sound, only louder.
          From what I have learned over the years here, it's always easier said than done.
          Considering an SH-2Bridge for the neck, but these newer pickups, especially hybrids, have me being extra careful for a future purchase. Thank God I should never want a new guitar, I have 6 beauties (+ 1 all/round S-style beater).
          SJB

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
            Bloodrose, everything would be a lot easier if I didn't have to work away from home!

I bought a video course to use Presonus Studio One, so I can do something useful in all the travel time that would be otherwise wasted.

This weekend I'll be home, so I hope to be able to produce something useful. *sigh*
            I didnt mean to sound impatient. I have 5 kids, Im nothing BUT patience. I also understand time issues and all. As others have said, Im prolly in for one already (unless it turns out to be a turd) as I have a hybrid in my charvel that I love, so Id like a matched set.. Right away when you got it, you said it was FAT. I was just wondering if you had any other seat of the pants input? That's all I was pushing for.. No worries bro!
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Well, this weekend I've been quite the busy bee.

I made a crash course on how to operate a DAW, managed to get a decent guitar sound out of my computer, got a nice backing track, but seems that either my computer and/or my sound card is/are not up to the task of recording, as it kept "limping", so I couldn't quite follow the backing track. I made at least twenty takes to no avail. My fingers hurt, so I'll need to rest, so they won't bleed.

Looks like I just have to wait to Thursday and use the studio... and contact a Voodoo priest to lift the curse of the Hy-Bro!

Comment

the Hy-Bro neck is in!

There's this thing called a camera phone. It could simplify this whole demo thing a bit. There's no need to have some perfect demo or anything, especially with some kind of cheesy backing tracks and all that nonsense. Just play the thing solo, or get some real musicians to just do a nasty jam session or something. Just bang it out; do what needs to be done to get it done, without perfectionism or excuses. It doesn't matter anyhow. Whoever is going to buy it is already going to buy it, and whoever is not is not.

Whatever the demo, Duncan really should just put the damned thing up for sale already. This is been an incredibly retarded process, and it continues to get worse and worse. It's completely baffling to me. Just sell us the damned thing already.
                Last edited by ItsaBass; 09-27-2015, 02:33 PM.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Camera phones have notoriously sh&)(y sound quality...
                  "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

the Hy-Bro neck is in!

It doesn't matter! The demo doesn't matter anyhow. Just get something- ANYTHING recorded so the lack of a demo can no longer be used as an excuse to prevent moving to the next step. This piddling about is just more delay on top of more delay on top of etc.
                    Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                      It doesn't matter! The demo doesn't matter anyhow. Just get something- ANYTHING recorded so the lack of a demo can no longer be used as an excuse to prevent moving to the next step. This piddling about is just more delay on top of more delay on top of etc.

Have patience. Pepe doesn't have a time machine.
                      Nope...

Comment

Pepe,

Honestly, more important to me than clips, are your thoughts. You tube is loaded with clips and most of them are drenched in effects and useless anyhow. I know you have spent some time playing it, can you share some thoughts?? And or compare to a common pup like the 59? Thanks man!
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

the Hy-Bro neck is in!

^ exactly. And we don't even need those, really. It's a '59/Custom neck pickup. 'Nuff said. Take my money.

I'm not against a demo (why would I be)...but it shouldn't delay the opening of orders just because the person recording it is overcomplicating it with fancy technical crap. Nobody expects perfection in a demo here.
                          Last edited by ItsaBass; 09-27-2015, 09:44 PM.
                          Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Zoom makes a good quality a/v recorder for a decent price. You could just do a live demo.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately, in my condo, which's mostly inhabited by nosy old people in pension with nothing but time in their hands, has a strict policy against noise and loud music. Can you imagine that?

Even a radio can (and has been) source of controversy. That's why I can't simply record myself with my amp.

And you thought life was simple, uh?

Comment

Hey all,
                                Don't mean to embarrass Pepe, but he has given so much input and solid advice you can count on to this forum over many many years, (+me personally), relaxe, and give this guy not only a break, but a San Fransico Love fest to boot.
                                I live in a Condo, and sound is a Huge problem. I can hear the guys arguing next door, not screaming, just talking real loud. I played a Blues Jr. On 2 for just 5 seconds to test a couple pups, and almost got my ass kicked, literally, this guy wanted to take it outside.
                                I f*****g apologized right off to no avail. Nice Condo, loud neighbors.
                                ItsaBass, you are also one of my favorite guys here, always good advice, never dump on anyone just for spite, and you are top smart too. So call Scott O., or MJ, buy one, and let's all who can wait, wait a little longer and give our forum brother a little more time. I am sure he just wants to do the best he can, Condo's are Death Nells for the tone conscious players who need to go past 1 on whatever amp they play to check out a pick up.
                                Very Sincerely,
                                SJB

Comment

Working...
                                X