Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
    Unfortunately, in my condo, which's mostly inhabited by nosy old people in pension with nothing but time in their hands, has a strict policy against noise and loud music. Can you imagine that?

Even a radio can (and has been) source of controversy. That's why I can't simply record myself with my amp.

And you thought life was simple, uh?
    Go POD.

In all seriousness, ZenMindBeginner might be able to help you out with that. A lot of his demos were done with with a POD X3 Live. He makes some fantastic patches, too.
    Nope...

Comment

A decent interface and the modeling software of your choice should get things done. And there are actually some free ones out there that get good reviews. I think LePew is one of them that seems to get good reviews.

Hang in there Pepe. Just ignore the guys raising hell about this and do your thing. I got faith in ya!
      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

I believe there's software that can calibrate and compensate for latency when recording through your sound card.
        "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by chris effect View Post
          I believe there's software that can calibrate and compensate for latency when recording through your sound card.
          It can also depend on the settings in the DAW and/or which jack you use to monitor from. Which is why I suggested a basic interface, such as any of the two channel units available from PreSonus (the people that make the Studio One DAW), Tascam, and others. They seem to overcome the latency issues more easily than a soundcard.
          Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
            It can also depend on the settings in the DAW and/or which jack you use to monitor from. Which is why I suggested a basic interface, such as any of the two channel units available from PreSonus (the people that make the Studio One DAW), Tascam, and others. They seem to overcome the latency issues more easily than a soundcard.

That's cool. I need to learn more about DAWs & maybe invest in one -

For now, I use the (headphone jack out - speaker cab emulated) on my peavey vypyrs into my sound card. I then use Audacity to record & I monitor from the headphone out on my PC with nice headphones and it works nicely & doesn't sound bad at all. I tried the USB out on my Vypyr VIP but it was latent and sounded like crap. Maybe I need to mess with it more.
            "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Comment

Anyone know if this and the 59CH are going to be in a set together?

Comment

Originally posted by TRex View Post
                Anyone know if this and the 59CH are going to be in a set together?
                That was the original idea...

Comment

Are hey available for purchase yet (I hope at a discount...) or still in initial evaluation/testing?

thanks....

Comment

snooooooooooooooooooooooooooooze

Comment

• Re: the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                      Well, this weekend I've been quite the busy bee.

I made a crash course on how to operate a DAW, managed to get a decent guitar sound out of my computer, got a nice backing track, but seems that either my computer and/or my sound card is/are not up to the task of recording, as it kept "limping", so I couldn't quite follow the backing track. I made at least twenty takes to no avail. My fingers hurt, so I'll need to rest, so they won't bleed.

Looks like I just have to wait to Thursday and use the studio... and contact a Voodoo priest to lift the curse of the Hy-Bro!
                      Wait a second... you've never recorded audio through a computer before? Digital recording is a 1200 page technical manual... how anyone expects to devour it in any short amount of time is beyond me.

Does "Lt. Kojak" even have experience in analog recording? Is he aware of the frequency or octave bands and how they relate to instruments?

I say, screw the backing tracks and just record some clips going back and forth between the Custom/Hybrid and the Hy-Bro... we all know what the Custom/Hybrid sounds like, so if it's included in the demo, that will give us a tiny benchmark.

We need a benchmark because the guitar and amp are sort of "rare", "weird" or "unfamiliar"... insert adjective of your choice. I use Hamers in my demos but I don't think they are "rare", "weird" or "unfamiliar". It's the amp that I am most concerned with... too many knobs to tweak.

The clips don't have to be involved, just: simple strumming, some picked arpeggios (not sweeping), palm muting... double stops, bent double stops, pedal steel bends.
                      Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Any chance we could just open the ordering for those of us who have already decided to buy and dont need to wait for clips?
                        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

^ exactly
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Just throwing this out there: It has been 10 months since this forum pickup process started and we're still waiting.

Comment

*reads entire thread*

*is disappointed*

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                                Just throwing this out there: It has been 10 months since this forum pickup process started and we're still waiting.
                                Let's just start on next years model now

Comment

Working...
                                X