Nope...

Comment

• the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Outstanding!

When can we buy them?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

• Re: the Hy-Bro neck is in!

Sounds killer. Would love to see a full demo.
        Originally posted by Myaccount876
        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Great Cleanish sound, now I can't wait to hear it with some more dirt

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

That sounds pretty bright and round. I like it. What's it sound like with more gain?

Comment

Originally posted by TRex View Post
              Great Cleanish sound, now I can't wait to hear it with some more dirt
              Originally posted by Ptolemaeus View Post
              That sounds pretty bright and round. I like it. What's it sound like with more gain?
              It's a NECK p'up, guys.

If you listen to the "It Was Only Yesterday SOLO" file, you'll hear the clean phrases through a blackface and the gainy ones through a Plexi. The "gainy" ones sound "flutey", but defined.

More gain would've just made'em "mush-out" and lose the definition. Also, as it sustains for days with a next-to-nothing amount of gain, I don't see the point of wanting more.

If you're looking for a Gary Moore "Still have the blues for you" kinda tone, this just *NOT* the right p'up for it. It's way too fat for that, if you ask me.

However... now that I think of it, if you have a Triple Shot set, setting the Hy-Bro neck in parallel, it would do a lot more gain without losing that much definition so it becomes unusable, although you'll have to revise the whole amp setting for that.

I did not document this p'up set in the "parallel" setting. I'd never even thought about it, TBH. All I can say is that, in a nutshell, is like having a completely different instrument at the flick of four switches. And now that I have a Triple Shot set, I can better see the utility of having it!

Maybe I'll have a go at it later on, time and life permitting, of course!

HTH,
              Last edited by LtKojak; 10-11-2015, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                It's a NECK p'up, guys.
                Never stopped me (or John Sykes) before

It's a NECK p'up, guys.
                If you're looking for a Gary Moore "Still have the blues for you" kinda tone, this just *NOT* the right p'up for it. It's way too fat for that, if you ask me.
                Now I want to try it through an AIAB even more.
                Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                  Now I want to try it through an AIAB even more.
                  What does "AIAB" stand for?

Comment

What does "AIAB" stand for?
                    amp in a box.

Comment

Great job Pepe and sounds nice. Sounds like it will be great for jazz and blues and fusion as well as rock and other styles.

Comment

Nice job. I really enjoyed your playing. The Hy-bro sounds much warmer than the 59/Custom. I am eager to hear more samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                          Great job Pepe and sounds nice. Sounds like it will be great for jazz and blues and fusion as well as rock and other styles.
                          Originally posted by BRHGM View Post
                          Nice job. I really enjoyed your playing. The Hy-bro sounds much warmer than the 59/Custom. I am eager to hear more samples.
                          Thank you for the nice words, guys.

And yes, the Hy-Bro is a warm p'up. And it loves somewhat hi-SPL levels!

Comment

I'd be surprised if this didn't become part of the regular SD line-up. Surprised it wasn't already for that matter. It doesn't come across as especially warm to my ears, though that might be my ears being used to my having [what I'd guess to being] a warm setup.

Glad you finally got to get it all done Pepe
                            My mum says I'm speshal...

Comment

It's a NECK p'up, guys.

If you listen to the "It Was Only Yesterday SOLO" file, you'll hear the clean phrases through a blackface and the gainy ones through a Plexi. The "gainy" ones sound "flutey", but defined.

More gain would've just made'em "mush-out" and lose the definition. Also, as it sustains for days with a next-to-nothing amount of gain, I don't see the point of wanting more.

However... now that I think of it, if you have a Triple Shot set, setting the Hy-Bro neck in parallel, it would do a lot more gain without losing that much definition so it becomes unusable, although you'll have to revise the whole amp setting for that.

I did not document this p'up set in the "parallel" setting. I'd never even thought about it, TBH. All I can say is that, in a nutshell, is like having a completely different instrument at the flick of four switches. And now that I have a Triple Shot set, I can better see the utility of having it!

Maybe I'll have a go at it later on, time and life permitting, of course!

HTH,
                              Listening to your clips I think the pickup could actually take a little more gain. It might be fat but it has a present top end which would maintain the clarity of it. I do also tend to keep my distortion tones on the fat but bright end of the spectrum, so I think that it would actually work very well for me.

Now to rob a bank to buy one... LOL
                              Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                                Now to rob a bank...
                                You could find plenty of eager help from the Guidos in your neck of woods...

Comment

Working...
                                X