Jaguar Pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguar Pups

Changed both pups in my MIJ Jaguar to SD pups (Quarter Pounder's).

Major tone difference and same for the volume.

Great Deal

I will add some digital pictures and sound later...

PS: Added the tone modification that a lot of telecasters have (e.g., 100K resistor and .001 cap to the volume pot (Both Lead and Rythym circuits) and added 100K resistor to the Rythym tome pot (50K + 100k = 150K)

---

Nice job Seymour!
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Re: Jaguar Pups

I love Jaguars, and I love QP's.

Sounds like a killer axe. Can't wait to see pics.

Comment

hmm... I've been thinking of going with a vintage set for mine for a while...

I'm really not anxious to f*ck with the tone of my jag. I know it's got plenty of shortcomings... but that's why it's a jag, and not a strat or a paul

...Exactly how does the QP affect tone? I could use something darker in the bridge... it's so bright I never use it. I might go for a vintage in the neck, to keep that classic jag tone... but the jap pickup sounds fine for now.

slade

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by danglybanger
        hmm... I've been thinking of going with a vintage set for mine for a while...

I'm really not anxious to f*ck with the tone of my jag. I know it's got plenty of shortcomings... but that's why it's a jag, and not a strat or a paul

...Exactly how does the QP affect tone? I could use something darker in the bridge... it's so bright I never use it. I might go for a vintage in the neck, to keep that classic jag tone... but the jap pickup sounds fine for now.

slade
        The tine is richer, more full bodied, and my wife likes it...
        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Working...
        X