SD or not SD? That is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD or not SD? That is the question.

I bought this pickup in 1988 from Guitar Center as a Seymour Duncan vintage tele pup. Is it really a Duncan? It has no stamp or other marking. I'll end the listing on eBay if I'm misrepresenting it.

Link:

Re: SD or not SD? That is the question.

Im by NO means an expert...but I say, no
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Any ideas what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by BGrizz
        Any ideas what it is?

no clue bro.

A Duncan would say Duncan on the back plate. Also a Duncan would not have that kind of wire...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

that aint no Duncan
          sigpic
          Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
          JFG Flying V,
          "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
          John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Looks like NO Duncan to me as well...
            "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

this, = not duncan!

Comment

im not familiar with duncan tele pups from that era. do ya have a multi meter? whats the dc resistance?

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter.

Since the concensus is this is NOT a Duncan, then either GC ripped me off back in '88 or I got the old bait and switch at the shop that installed it. Oh well live and learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X