Dimebucker in neck position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker in neck position

I've been thinking about a Dimebucker for the neck position of some sort of Paul - anyone did that? Any idea how it might turn out? Phase issues with a standard bucker in the bridge?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Dimebucker in neck position

up! - Oh come on now - I can't believe no one knows or cares about this?

Comment

I care . . . but I don't know.

Would be interesting to hear how it sounds.

Comment

Dude, relax. Saturday is usually pretty slow on here

Shouldn't be any phase issues, but I'd make sure to put a sh*t hot pickup in the bridge, too. Some really hot pickups are great for the neck (JB, EMG 81) so who knows, it might be cool.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

A lot of people on here say the Dimebucker isn't all that hot??? I'll go with your advice unless I hear something different - I've always wondered about JB in the neck too. Every now and again I'll come across some one/guitar with that setup. So some possibilities might be:
          Dime n + Distortion b, Jb b, Full Shred b, Invader b

Comment

From what I understand, the Dimebucker is really hot, but not as hot as, say, the Invader.

I'd go more aggressive than the JB in the bridge if you do a Dime in the neck.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Realize that if you put a Dimebucker in the neck it'll be really bassy, since bridge pickups are overwound to counteract the trebliness near the bridge. By lowering it enough to balance it out (and thus lowering the output), you may find that you can use some pickups in the bridge that wouldn't have been possible before.
              '04 Schecter C-1 Plus (TB-4 JB/SH-2n Jazz)

Comment

There was a guy back home who put a pair of Dimebuckers in his Mike Mushok Ibanez baritone. I would have liked to hear how that sounded.

As far as having a hot pickup in the neck, the Distortion is one of my favorite neck pickups and I don't have any problems with it turning to mud. Giver her a go and if it doesn't work for you, exchange it.
                Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                X