pickup for mini sg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup for mini sg

ok, so here's the deal. i bought a les paul pee wee on ebay, mainly for a travel guitar. i found out that the body is made of plywood. so i decided that i would make an sg body for it in woods.

i have a screamin demon that ive had for a while and i wanted to get rid of it and get another pickup to put in this guy. i just cant decide which though.

my choices so far are between:

gibson burstbucker
    sd 59
    sd jb
    sd custom custom or
    sd custom 5

im looking for something with good mids and a nice bottom.
    i got a violin bow a while back and ive been getting into that and would like to try it with this. its pretty hard with my strat, my friend's tele sounds better, but i read somewhere that les pauls are the best for it.

any thing would be appericiated
    Last edited by cementwave; 02-18-2005, 01:15 PM.

Re: pickup for mini sg

pauls may be the the best?? but a peewee is a different beast, sounds like fun though.
    id say something like a 59 would be best, its a pretty short scale guitar so anything really high output might make it muddy

Comment

i was thinking the 59 would be the best choice. i knew that i couldnt get one with lots of highs because its so small, but i never thought about output, thanks.

Comment

ok, its down to the 59 and the jb. im leaning a little more towards the 59. could someone tell me if this a good choice or not

Comment

Working...
        X