Everything Axe™ Set for HSS Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Axe™ Set for HSS Strat?

Per the fine advice I received from this form, I recently bought and installed this set of pups into my sons BT-3 Everything Axe™ Set – combines an JB Jr. for the bridge position with a Duckbucker and Little ’59 for the middle and neck positions. I have to say that this little Strat is about as sweet as any I've heard. Now my second son with the BT-4 has tone envy and wants to sound as good as his brother. I'm tempted to do the same configuration except substitute the JB for the JB Jr. My fear is that the JB overpowers the Duckbucker in the middle. Opinion? How about Pearly Gates in the Bridge? This is a maple guitar with rosewood fretboard.

Re: Everything Axe™ Set for HSS Strat?

The output of the JB shouldn't overwhelm the duckbucker anymore than the JBjr did. I'd say give it a try, or ask your other son what he likes or dislikes about his brother axe, that is if he has something special in mind. He might think the bridge pup is too bright and may want something along the lines of a PG or A2P. If not the JB is a good choice.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I had similar thred a few days back . single coil to match the JB. What lew said that the Jb wld overpower the single coil.
      heres a link to the thread :https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=29537
      I f you really wanna put a full size hum , as Lew says put in a 59
      Last edited by Jocelyn; 02-18-2005, 10:35 AM.
      sigpic
      Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
      JFG Flying V,
      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
      John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

But that's the trick the duck bucker is hotter than a regular single and the lil 59 is as well. I don't think the JB drowns out the singles on the guitars I've played with them.

Luke
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
          But that's the trick the duck bucker is hotter than a regular single and the lil 59 is as well. I don't think the JB drowns out the singles on the guitars I've played with them.

Luke
          The best thing u cld do is ask ur son what kinda tone he wants. A classic 59 tone or JB. any of the two wld sound nice. remmber the lilJB sounds like the BIG Jb so tonally speking it wld match.
          sigpic
          JFG Flying V,
          "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola

Comment

He's still a little guy, although he has pretty big chops. I started him at 5, he's now 10. He doesn't know what he wants to sound like, so I gues versatility is what he needs. He likes Bowling for Soup, Queen, Fountains of Wayne, but because he hangs out with me, he hears a lot of BR5-49, Clash, Mano Negra, Ska

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke

Luke
              I'd have to disagree.....the Duckbucker sounds, quite noticeably, lower in output to regular singles......if the middle Duck were to be used often on it's own then maybe the lack of power compared to a JB or lil59 could be an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Roandave
                He's still a little guy, although he has pretty big chops. I started him at 5, he's now 10. He doesn't know what he wants to sound like, so I gues versatility is what he needs. He likes Bowling for Soup, Queen, Fountains of Wayne, but because he hangs out with me, he hears a lot of BR5-49, Clash, Mano Negra, Ska
                Well I wld still suggest going in for the 59. or yes pearly gates,If u feel that the JB wld overpower. hmmmm did u try out the tone wizard it wld help in chosing the right combo.;
                Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
                sigpic
                JFG Flying V,

Comment

Working...
                X