Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE INVADERS ARE IN!!!!!!!

Originally posted by KINGV02 View Post
    Hey sorry for being a few years late but the neck invader is very deep and kinda muddy, sounds kinda cool for a dark menacing tone imo.
    My 7 string PRS has Invaders, but it doesn't get muddy either in the bridge OR the neck, even on open low B. I'm talking about clean channels. When clean, that neck p'up is "smooth," clear, and above all else...DARK. Add some gain, and dude is serious when he says "menacing." I will say that it's easy to mistake that menacing sound for "muddy," 'cause it is DARK!

Think: "Darth Vader all the way ticked the frick off, and lettin' people know how he feels."

And oh yeah, it's fun to play with the gain. Start clean as you can get. Then just add a touch of gain until Vader starts growling just a bit. The sound is amazing! Like, what must have happened just before he said, "Apology accepted..."

Comment

Originally posted by KINGV02 View Post
      Hey sorry for being a few years late but the neck invader is very deep and kinda muddy, sounds kinda cool for a dark menacing tone imo.
      if you dont like it pull it out and clip the capacitor off of the bottom of it, it will brighten it up. its a bit thin but more usable than the stock sound
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
        if you dont like it pull it out and clip the capacitor off of the bottom of it, it will brighten it up. its a bit thin but more usable than the stock sound
        KINGV02 has passive pickups, same as me. No caps.

Seriously, and this is no joke, when I put those things in that guitar - a guitar that I bought used, and was tuned to Eb Standard when I got it...ie: "jazz tuning on a jazz guitar" - I was like, "NOW it's a jazz guitar...!!!" No joke, those things are PERFECT for jazz. On a clean channel, those things are clear, full, round, robust, and honestly behave nicely; literally everything that many jazz musicians are looking for. And they aren't hyper-sensitive to gain. In fact, quite the opposite. Need just a teeny tiny bit of overdrive / distortion, they respond incredibly well...all the way up to complete insanity, and they STILL behave nicely.

Seymour Duncan Invaders = "Best pickups ever...ever."

Comment

Originally posted by Gransen View Post
          KINGV02 has passive pickups, same as me. No caps.

Seriously, and this is no joke, when I put those things in that guitar - a guitar that I bought used, and was tuned to Eb Standard when I got it...ie: "jazz tuning on a jazz guitar" - I was like, "NOW it's a jazz guitar...!!!" No joke, those things are PERFECT for jazz. On a clean channel, those things are clear, full, round, robust, and honestly behave nicely; literally everything that many jazz musicians are looking for. And they aren't hyper-sensitive to gain. In fact, quite the opposite. Need just a teeny tiny bit of overdrive / distortion, they respond incredibly well...all the way up to complete insanity, and they STILL behave nicely.

Seymour Duncan Invaders = "Best pickups ever...ever."
          Hey Scoobie their is a small cap between the red and white leads on the neck invaders. Im not confused about active or passive i know this exact pickup quite well and have modded it to hell and back. The cap is there as a high pass filter. Most guys that i have had try the pickup without the cap prefer it without it.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
            Hey Scoobie their is a small cap between the red and white leads on the neck invaders. Im not confused about active or passive i know this exact pickup quite well and have modded it to hell and back. The cap is there as a high pass filter. Most guys that i have had try the pickup without the cap prefer it without it.
            Huh, I've never heard of that! I know that a capacitor is a passive electronic device, but I didn't know that ANY passive pickup had one installed. And yeah, I get it, filtering frequencies, so I get what you mean by modded to hell and back (INCLUDING that capacitor!). This is the second guitar that I've put those same p'ups in (installed the same ones twice), and never noticed a cap. Never read about it, never heard about it, never nothing!

Another reminder that even if I know something, I still don't know nothing.

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Glad to see that bumping this dead thread a bit ago helped some people out, but anyways just a quick update I have just gotten a Jackson Dinky handed down to me by my uncle and I think I'm gonna go ahead and swap the pickups between the 2 guitars. I'll post updates as soon as I get things in motion.

Comment

Working...
              X