Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick-ups for 69 Les Paul Deluxe

Hello group.

I just joined this user group and "have" read the FAQ but if I accidently breech protocall, forgive me in advance.

One of my guitars, if fact the one I've owned the longest - since 1976 - is my '69 Les Paul Deluxe. I have several other guitars that I use a lot more frequently, so this one has gotten a lot of neglect over the last 10 or 15 years.

It came OEM with Gibson Mini Humbuckers which I got board with in the early '80s so I replaced them with the early 80's version of Seymour's Soapbars. Les Pauls have little or no shielding and those original soap bars are single coil so as you can imagine, I've lived with a very noisy 'Paul for a long time.

Well, the ax is now ready for an over haul and one of the things that I want to do is return it back to the original style Mini Humbuckers. Of course, I want to use Seymours, but as far as I can tell, the Mini Humbuckers Seymour offers, the "SM1-N Vintage Mini Humbucker" or the "SM-3B Seymourized Mini Humbucker" look nothing like the originals and I'm wondering if they'll even fit in the original slots?

All of my electric guitars are Seymourized so I really want to stay with the winner if possible.

Thanks,
    69 Delux

Re: Pick-ups for 69 Les Paul Deluxe

The production model Mini humbuckers are the Firebird style. If I'm not mistaken, they'll still fit, just look different. If you want some pickups that look like the old ones (and, from what I hear, sound phenomenal too) you can get some Antiquities, or order something from the custom shop. http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...scr.shtml#mini

Comment

Working...
    X