Story of my Tele Upgrade to 'rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story of my Tele Upgrade to 'rails

I have a Samick Tele copy, which I like alot. It has always surprised me. Cheapish. Not through the body string setup. Not fabulous hardware either. But always a nice resonance in the body, especially on the bass side. Kind of thing you can feel against your hip, even when not pluged in. What kind of wood i wondered. I had a look and it's a Ply-wood body! The stock pickups were really dull. Got a Hotrails for tele & a push-pull switch.

I was a bit confused about the push pull pot, not realising that the pot is (electrically) a completely separate thing from the switch. Anyhow. In it went, after some help on this forum, and it rocks.

It's very hot. Very full. Not too trebly (which i worried about). And it sounds good when split, especially in a combined position. Now all i need is cash for a neck pup.

As for the push pull, i was wisely advised to go opposite to the instructions ending up with: "push=full bucker, pull is split"

will post some clips soon.
    Last edited by Toenail-Tommy; 02-22-2005, 06:12 AM.
    '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
    Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
    Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
    Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Re: Story of my Tele Upgrade to 'rails

I was looking at those Samick Tele's. They look nice. On the website, they talk about the maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard, but say nothing about the body.

But, if it sounds good, thats all that counts.

Comment

Lol I have a Samick Tele and i love it. I have a duncan strat 5/2 in the neck and a Fender Texas Tele in the bridge. Its an awesome combination.
      Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Mine is the model LT-11
        Which has been discontinued. It's also the old logo, with the "since 19 blah" with the red arrow motif and the Black type. Not very pretty or stylish. But the rest is nice.

Mine is maple neck with rosewood board.
        '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
        Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
        Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
        Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Comment

Originally posted by Toenail-Tommy
          Mine is the model LT-11
          Which has been discontinued. It's also the old logo, with the "since 19 blah" with the red arrow motif and the Black type. Not very pretty or stylish. But the rest is nice.

Mine is maple neck with rosewood board.

I don't remember the model number of mine. Its also been discontinued. It was one of those Western Swing guys signature model, the Korean version of it. Mine has been heavily modified
          Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
          X