Neck pick up??? advise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pick up??? advise...

Hey everyone, I have an '86 Jackson SL-1 that I want to replace the neck p/u in....I have another guitar with a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck position which I absolutly love the sound of...my question is: is there a single coil size p/u that you can recommend that gets as close to the same sound as the PAF Pro...I have a SD C5 in the bridge right now..

I have tried a JB Jr. but it wasnt what I was looking for...any help would
    be appreciated!

Thanks, Scott
    '86 Jackson USA SL-1
    Ibanez RG hardtail
    Vox AD60VTX

Re: Neck pick up??? advise...

i think some thing more along the lines of a lil 59 or cool rails would be closer to what you want. you never get the same tone out of a full size bucker and a lil size bucker but those will get you closer

Comment

Cool Rails will work great. I've got one in the mid position of my Charvel 650xl which is just the Japanese version of your SL-1. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I know a person with a cool rails in his axe and its awesome for what he uses it for. (pretty much what you want out of the pickup your asking for).
        Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Thanks for the advise! I'll give the Cool Rails a shot...
          '86 Jackson USA SL-1
          Ibanez RG hardtail
          Vox AD60VTX

Comment

Well if you have a low output pup at the bridge, then you should have an even lower one at the neck. Try the cool rails or the classic stack pup

Comment

i think a lil 59 will match perfectly with the C5 in the bridge

good luck
              t4d
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
                i think a lil 59 will match perfectly with the C5 in the bridge

good luck
                t4d
                I'm with T4D on this one, the 59/C5 is a great combo!

Luke
                “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
                X