Parallel Axis question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parallel Axis question

Hello! I'm new and I don't know if this question is very usual. I've used the search engine and I haven't found. I'm sorry if itīs an old question.

I've installed a Distortion Parallel Axis Trembucker in my guitar. It's an awesome pick up but I have a little trouble, the strings don't conincide exactly with the spaces between the poles pieces. The guitar (washburn N2) has a floyd rose but it's very difficult to move the pick up for the correct place (it's a little bit displaced). Is it important this trouble or I won't notice this fact and it will sound well?

Thank you very much.

Re: Parallel Axis question

If your first strings do not coincide with those spaces then you should fix it. If the upper strings do not coincide then the problem is minnor. If all of them then...prepare for work. Anyway the difference is going to be slight but if you can, fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Washby
      Hello! I'm new and I don't know if this question is very usual. I've used the search engine and I haven't found. I'm sorry if itīs an old question.

I've installed a Distortion Parallel Axis Trembucker in my guitar. It's an awesome pick up but I have a little trouble, the strings don't conincide exactly with the spaces between the poles pieces. The guitar (washburn N2) has a floyd rose but it's very difficult to move the pick up for the correct place (it's a little bit displaced). Is it important this trouble or I won't notice this fact and it will sound well?

Thank you very much.
      the PAtb series are designed to line up exact at the bridge spot with a OFR so the problem would be with the mounting position of the ring.
      it is obviously NOT centered.
      what you need to do is shim the side of the leg(ear) of the pup to push it center.
      use anything like cardboard or plastic to act as a shim
      this is not a uncommon problem you have and can be easilly resolved

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

I don't understand well your solution Sabotage, I'm sorry my english is a little bit poor (I'm spanish). For me a ring is the thing putted in the finger of Frodo (and Gollum)
        I suppose you are talking about the hole where the pick is located. It's not centered yes, and there is not space in this hole, the pick are fixed, I can't move it without cut wood (not please!).
        I haven't understood this sentence: "use anything like cardboard or plastic to act as a shim" (???)

Comment

Strange that you'd need to shim the pickup in a Floyd guitar as it SHOULD line up, but I can't vouche for a Washburn N2. I had no problem lining up the spaces between the poles in my Peavey T-60 (which is pictured in the other thread titled: "Trembucker and Screaming Demon" below), which has a standard bridge, and yet it still needed tremspacing to work, go figure...

Comment

Working...
          X