JAZZMASTER question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAZZMASTER question

my seething love for the jazzmaster and its surf rock history has haunted my piggy bank for a long time, so ive decided to buy the Squire nockoff of the Jag/Jazz, the Jagmaster. I plan on getting it to really test the jazz master pickups im going to put in it, and i was wanting to know which of the SD JM pickups sound the best in your opinions, im really interested in the Antiquities. Thanks!

Re: JAZZMASTER question

nothing about pickups, but if you can, try to look for the old version of the jagmaster, the vista series, they're made way better, and have better finishes to boot. they creep up on ebay pretty often
    Originally posted by krankguitarist
    And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RushOfBlood
      . . . try to look for the old version of the jagmaster, the vista series, they're made way better, and have better finishes to boot. they creep up on ebay pretty often
      Yup . . . there's one sitting in my favorite music store/pawn shop as we speak.

But I'm not saying where. :fing25:

Comment

dont jagmasters have humbuckers? id just save an go for the mij model
        i own stuff

Comment

yes they have humbuckers....but with some routing i can fit some jazz 's

Comment

Ever consider using warmoth to build a jazzmaster?

Is this the mij version? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/510484/

if so, I definately suggest building one through warmoth. You'll save much more money.

If the url I posted isnt the mij version, whats the price on mij jazzmasters? I'd also like to know
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Sorry, but the Jazzmaster uses 2 special-design Jazzmaster single coils!

These pups are just fatter, but they are still single coil pups.

In addition, the MIJ, MIK, MIC, MIM Jazzmasters do not have as much wire under the covers, so the tone and volume is less than that of the real MIA (60's) Jazzmaster.

Finally, SD make excellent replacement pups for the Jazzmaster, regardless where it was originally fabricated... My choice is the Quarter Pounder, but only if your technique is good enough to handle it, since your style and finger noise will be amplified and if you're a sloopy player, then it will come out...
              Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
              When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
              Red Devils - 1% all the way!
              Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
              Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman
                Sorry, but the Jazzmaster uses 2 special-design Jazzmaster single coils!

These pups are just fatter, but they are still single coil pups.

In addition, the MIJ, MIK, MIC, MIM Jazzmasters do not have as much wire under the covers, so the tone and volume is less than that of the real MIA (60's) Jazzmaster.

Finally, SD make excellent replacement pups for the Jazzmaster, regardless where it was originally fabricated... My choice is the Quarter Pounder, but only if your technique is good enough to handle it, since your style and finger noise will be amplified and if you're a sloopy player, then it will come out...
                from what I gather, the jazz's pickups on any reissue are just strat single coils with fat bobbins
                slade

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
                  Ever consider using warmoth to build a jazzmaster?

Is this the mij version? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/510484/

if so, I definately suggest building one through warmoth. You'll save much more money.

If the url I posted isnt the mij version, whats the price on mij jazzmasters? I'd also like to know
                  nah, those are american. the japanese ones you can only get from fender japan at the moment, and they run about $600-700 US once converted.

you can also buy them used though.
                  Originally posted by krankguitarist
                  And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

I realize I'm jumping in here late, but just wanted to through in that I like the Antiquity Jazzmaster pickups a lot. They made a big difference in my MIJ reissue.

I used to have a Jaguar which I seriously miss, but the Jazzmaster is a sweetguitar.

Comment

Working...
                    X