Pls recommend me a 7-string neck pup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls recommend me a 7-string neck pup!

I have a 7-string guitar with alder+basswood body and maple top. I've replaced the cheap stock bridge pickup with an Invader-7. But I have trouble finding a suitable neck pickup, because the Duncan dealer in my city have only one more 7-string pickup left: Duncan Distortion 7b (right, the bridge model!). Though I mainly use this guitar for no-brain metal massacres still I'm afraid that putting a bridge model pickup on the neck position will be overkilled (doesn't it?). So my question is:

Which Dimarzio (sorry Duncan! sorry! I know this is the Duncan site. I'm surely stick to Duncan pickup if I can find it here but... ) 7-string pickup will match the Duncan Invader-7?

Please note that I'm putting it on the NECK position. I care little about its clean sound. I used the neck pickup mainly for highly distorted fast solos. The closet sound I can imagine maybe that of a Duncan Distortion neck model (so sorry I can't find it here ). I think the Air-Norton 7 maybe weak for my purpose. But will the Tone Zone 7 or Evolution 7 be overkilled on the neck too?
    Slay, slayer, and the slayest!

Re: Pls recommend me a 7-string neck pup!

the only dimarzio 7 string neck pup ive tried is the paf and that doesnt sound like what you want, though it did sound pretty good

i dont think the tone zone 7 would be a good choice, but not sure about the others. in general a bridge pup wont have the clarity and articulation that a neck version will but you maybe about to find one thatll work for ya

Comment

Hails man, i have no experience with 7 strings guitars... But i believe you can go with DIMARZIO EVOLUTION Neck.
      What do you will play in the neck? Leads?
      Hails
      J.P
      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

I have had a Distortionb in the neck position of a 6 six guitar before. And it sounds amazing for distorted leads. I wouldn't hesitate to put it in if you can't stand the wait for ordering a new pickup.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
        X