Single sized 'buckers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single sized 'buckers...

I've currently got a Livewire Hot for Strat, and like it, but it may be a bit too thin. I'm considering any of the single sized buckers (lil' 59, Lil Demon, JB Jr, Hot Rails). It's for an alder Strat, rosewood board, vintage trem, for metal. The other pickups are Lace Sensors (Blue in the neck, Silver in the middle).
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Single sized 'buckers...

What about using a live wire and a lil Humbucker in one?
    Pickups... the final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
    Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

I'm only interested in trying a new bridge pickup. The Lace Sensors kick ass. Honestly, the Live Wire does, too, but I'm curious about the others.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I think you already had a lace sensor red at the bridge position, did you ever thought about the dually lace sensors?
        Otherwise the JB jun or hotrails might be worth a try.
        It's a matter of taste - i personally prefer full sized humbuckers.
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

I've never tried the Red lace sensor. I'm staying away from full-sized buckers, as I have about 7 other guitars setup that way

I traded Kac for this guitar, and it's got the same setup as when I got it. I think that's the biggest reason I wanna try something else, simply because I haven't yet

Comment

if you like the Lace sensors, look into a Red one...that is the hottest, most gainy Lace Sensor
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I think I'm gonna give the JB jr a shot. Anybody have any opinions on it?

Comment

I have a JB Jr. in my strat and I've played it through a Randall RH-200 half stack. It sounds pretty good for metal, but not exactly the tone I'd like for the heavier stuff. My friend plays his Epi SG with a JB/Jazz pickup combo and he definately gets the tone I'd like to have. The JB and JB jr. don't sound a lot alike as far as I can tell. If I were getting a different bridge pickup, I kind of would have liked a hot rails instead.

Peace.
                Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
                Peavey Valve King 1x12
                Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I STRONGLY recomend a JBJR in the bridge.
                  i had one in my strat, tuned in C, and it was AMAZING.
                  COMPLETE Pickup. strong and Vocarious BASS, unholy Mids, vivid and crystal clear Highs.
                  Awesome output.
                  IT BITE S LIKE A LION
                  PM Me if you want a soundclip
                  I HAVE
                  AHAHAHAHAHA
                  Hails
                  J.P
                  Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                  Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                  Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                  Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                  Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                  Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                  Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                  Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

I'm sure the JB Jr. is very kool.... but if you're ever interested in trying a red lace sensor I have one sittin in the workshop not currently being used
                    You know all ya gotta do is offer a trade.
                    Rock ON
                    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

The only single coil sized humucker I've tried in the bridge is a Hot Rails. It is a very tight sounding, hot, metal bridge pickup. Make no mistakes, it is a full sized humbucker in a single coil sized package. Just curious why you don't want to go with a full sized humbucker if you're looking for the single coil sized ones. Is it a matter of cosmetics or that you don't want to change the pickguard? I only ask, because you'll have many more choices if you go with a full sized humbucker.
                      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis
                        The only single coil sized humucker I've tried in the bridge is a Hot Rails. It is a very tight sounding, hot, metal bridge pickup. Make no mistakes, it is a full sized humbucker in a single coil sized package. Just curious why you don't want to go with a full sized humbucker if you're looking for the single coil sized ones. Is it a matter of cosmetics or that you don't want to change the pickguard? I only ask, because you'll have many more choices if you go with a full sized humbucker.
                        It's mainly cosmetics. I simply want this guitar to look like it has 3 singles. I also really like the pickguard, and would like to have the option of going back to the Livewire.

Comment

JBJR JB FROM HELL
                          want the SOUNDCLIP?
                          Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                          Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                          Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                          Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                          Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                          Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                          Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                          Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Yeah, dude, hook me up

Comment

Working...
                            X