Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new strat pickups

hey guys..
    i am the proud owner of a completely stock 04 or 05 american deluxe strat. i love everything about it but the pickups. they dont accurately reproduce what im playing and dont quite sound like a humbucker or a single coil. the s-1 switch is a cool concept but only muddies up the pickups more. im a big fan of ZZ Top and SRV which would be my first two tones to go for but i would mostly be playing those type tunes on my neck pickup.i also dabble in gnr and early metallica type stuff so i would need something that can do old school chug in the bridge. im interested in a HSS setup and so far ive decided im going to go with a tapped quarter pounder in the neck but other than that im a little clueless. maybe another QP middle? im thinking of installing an emg variable mid control to replace the bridge tone control (which i never use) to be able to sweep the frequencies..almost a modern/vintage control. anyone know of a nice low to medium output humbucker which could fit my needs?

Re: new strat pickups

George Lynch Screamin Demon is a medium output humbucker. Alot of Demon owners suggest changing out the hex screws on them with regular slot screws. Evidently, this improves the sound. Hot rails are cool for the bridge and neck.

Comment

A JB in the bridge is really hard to beat.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

'59, too.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
        X