Seth Lover's... truly amazing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lover's... truly amazing

I just recently installed a set of Seth Lovers in my MichaelKelly Patriot Q LP Copy. I can't believe how these changed the sound of this guitar. I mean it was a good guitar before, but now it sounds like Mick Ralphs handed me something out of his collection. Thanks for everyones advice. I'll definitely be using Duncans from now on!

PuttDaddy

Re: Seth Lover's... truly amazing

Seths Rock!

But in a smooth magical kinda way. Glad you like 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by baba o'riley
      I just recently installed a set of Seth Lovers in my MichaelKelly Patriot Q LP Copy. I can't believe how these changed the sound of this guitar. I mean it was a good guitar before, but now it sounds like Mick Ralphs handed me something out of his collection. Thanks for everyones advice. I'll definitely be using Duncans from now on!

PuttDaddy
      What kind of amp you pushing them thru? I've got another post on here wondering if I'll suffer feedback issue with my Soldano and was wondering if you've had any such issues.
      PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
      PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
      GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
      Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
      Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
      various pedals

Comment

I actually have 3 amps in my collection that I use; Fender Cyber Twin SE, Waller 65 watt solid state, and my most recent purchase... an Orange AD30. I've only had the AD30 for a few days but its freakin' awesome, by far the best of my collection. So far I've had zero feedback problems. Granted I use the Seth's for Bad Co. and Free tones so I dont use a lot of gain . I haven't played them in a pub/club setting yet but I dont see any feedback problems happening when I do.

Comment

I love my Seth too!
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Another SL fan here, and a fan of Mick Ralphs too
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Glad you like them. They do have a special sound to them. I have 'em in a '61 LP/SG reissue, and they really make a huge difference.
              "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Glad you like them!! I am interested in buing a set but no money at the moment!!!

Comment

I´m a fan of the SETH LOVER Model too, even without PLAYING one
                  just to hear other people playing it i can figure out it will work well for me
                  loved it´s sparkle mids and crunchyness .
                  if i could AFFORD , i would go Buy and testing ALL SD pickups, and pots a F.A.Q. to all forum members , i really appreciate to help people to achieve their tone. since i have good ears for the "Business" i guess i am the right guy to do that, ahahahah i just don´t know how to install the pickups, ahahahahah THAT´S Killing.
                  Hails
                  J.P
                  Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                  Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                  Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                  Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                  Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                  Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                  Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                  Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

I have a bridge Seth ordered from Lew and I can't wait. I should have it by Thursday.
                    Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

I have a set of Seths in my Gibson LP, and I too play thru an Orange AD30 playing 60's and 70's Classic Rock. It's the best combination of gear that I've found for this type of music (without adding a Strat to the list too )

Glad to hear you love the Seths

Craig

Comment

Another fan here!

They sound brilliant in a Tokai 335.
                        I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
                        MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
                        Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
                        MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
                        Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
                        Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
                        K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

Officially my favorite Duncan pickup .... at least for now!!

Comment

For my fathers upcoming birthday I was thinking of fixing up his old LP as his gift. I was considering putting Antiquities in it. How do they compare to my Seths?

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed
                              I have a bridge Seth ordered from Lew and I can't wait. I should have it by Thursday.
                              Hey! It came yesterday! Can't wait to get it in!
                              Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X