No announcement yet.

Help with pickup identification please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pickup identification please.

Hi, I just bought some used pickups this weekend and some I think I know what they are and some I don't. please let me know what you think:
    1. a gold cover signed by seth lover and seymour and it has a B on it; I assume it's a seth lover model for the bridge.
    2. sh-4 gold cover = a JB model? for the bridge
    3. 59NL nickel plated = a model 59 but is it a bridge or neck?
    there are three other nickel plated ones one has a sticker that says JB, another says JBG and the last is JBL. I thought they might be jeff beck models but I don't know.

then there is one that says 12bj that looks like a sreamin demon with hex one one half and screws on the other. another one looks just like it but all 12 posts are hex heads? is that a screamin demon too? looking at the website it auctually looks like it could be a invader or full shred. i can't read the number on it.

ok, finally, I also got two tele neck pick ups. one has the cloth wire. the sticker says IC or 1C. looks like a vintage one to me xcept the cover is nice and shiney. the other is a 4 wire stack and the sticker says XN1.

thanks for any help
    jeff

Re: Help with pickup identification please.

Here are the pickup identification charts:

Pre 2002 - "Note that the last letter on your label is often the initial of the Seymour Duncan employee who made the pickup"

2002 Onwards

My opinions:

1. a gold cover signed by seth lover and seymour and it has a B on it; I assume it's a seth lover model for the bridge. - Seth bridge
    2. sh-4 gold cover = a JB model? for the bridge - JB (doesn't have separate neck and bridge models)
    3. 59NL nickel plated = a model 59 but is it a bridge or neck? - '59 neck, made by L
    there are three other nickel plated ones one has a sticker that says JB, another says JBG and the last is JBL. I thought they might be jeff beck models but I don't know. - All are JBs, one was made by G and one was made by L

then there is one that says 12bj that looks like a sreamin demon with hex one one half and screws on the other. - Screamin' Demon, made by J

another one looks just like it but all 12 posts are hex heads? is that a screamin demon too? looking at the website it auctually looks like it could be a invader or full shred. i can't read the number on it. - Sounds like a Full Shred - doesn't the Invader have bigger pole screws?

finally, I also got two tele neck pick ups. one has the cloth wire. the sticker says IC or 1C. looks like a vintage one to me xcept the cover is nice and shiney. - Vintage Tele Rhythm, made by C

the other is a 4 wire stack and the sticker says XN1. - Dunno

Sounds like a good score - where did you get them from? That's a lot of JBs you've got there!
    Last edited by Simon_F; 02-28-2005, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Re: Help with pickup identification please.

thanks for the info!! Just what I was looking for. I also got a strat assebly with a JB Jr in the bridge and a vintage rail in the middle and duckbucker in the neck. I got off a local internet classified ad. thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X