iommi pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iommi pickups

sigh, gibson = good, but, gibsons prices = bad.

i've poured through everywhere trying to find a good substitute for the Iommi humbucker, but i honestly cant find one. I know about the special design of the iommi bucker, i heard it has a mix of several kinds of magnets even. I've read that the custom custom could be good, what do you guys think?
    chimaeraSUN
    Ernie Ball MusicMan Y2D (Dimarzio Steve Morse Bridge/Neck)
    Washburn WI200PRO (SD Custom Custom/'59)
    Ovation 1778-T Blue Flames
    1989 Charvel Spectrum (Tone Zone S/Area 61/Air Norton)

Line 6 HD147
    Crybaby 535Q
    Digitech Whammy
    Boss HR-2/LS-2/AC-2

Re: iommi pickups

I have a set, and they are NOTHING like anything else I have ever tried...I have mine in an aluminum neck Kramer and I really like them...I had them in a Strat once and hated them, I had them in a LP copy onc and that was no good either. I have a CC in my Yamaha, and I can tell you this it is NOTHING like an Iommi...There is a Duncan Desighned pickup you might should look at...it was made for the Patrick Eagle Tony Iommi sugnature Guitar...the guitar was only built for a little while but Duncan Still makes the pickup as a Duncan Designed... ihave not tried it but I have read on the net that it is pretty close to the Gibson Iommi's
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
    X