Suggestions for brightening up an 84' V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for brightening up an 84' V

I've got a great old white 84' Flying V thats a little on the dark side with the stock pickup. I'll be playing 70's, 80's and a little early 90's rock/metal and the guitar could use some punch. I'm thinking of throwing a Screamin Demon in there. I've also thought of going for another EVH, (I guess it's called a 78' now)
    I've got 2 of those already and i love the way they sound. The thing is those pickups sound great in "bright" guitars but will they sound great in something darker? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Suggestions for brightening up an 84' V

Welcome to the forum...Buckcherry was an awesome band, too bad they broke up.

Anyway, A Demon or a Custom 5 would be a good choice for brightening up a darker sounding guitar. The '59 is also a brighter sounding pickup, it just depends on how much output you want...the C5 is high output, the Demon is medium output, and the '59 is vintage output.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
      Welcome to the forum...Buckcherry was an awesome band, too bad they broke up.

Anyway, A Demon or a Custom 5 would be a good choice for brightening up a darker sounding guitar. The '59 is also a brighter sounding pickup, it just depends on how much output you want...the C5 is high output, the Demon is medium output, and the '59 is vintage output.

Ryan
      As I suspected. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcherry
        As I suspected. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Do the Demons only come in trembucker spacing? If so will that be a big deal for instalation in an 84' V? The spacing is 2 inches exactly.
        Thanks again.

Comment

You can order the Demon in standard spacing if need be.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckcherry
            I've got a great old white 84' Flying V thats a little on the dark side with the stock pickup. I'll be playing 70's, 80's and a little early 90's rock/metal and the guitar could use some punch. I'm thinking of throwing a Screamin Demon in there. I've also thought of going for another EVH, (I guess it's called a 78' now)
            I've got 2 of those already and i love the way they sound. The thing is those pickups sound great in "bright" guitars but will they sound great in something darker? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
            I had a Gibson V with Dimarzio Super Distortions in it that was bright and very crunchy, it would do the 70's and 80's thing very well (think High & Dry Def Lep), I do not know how well it would do early 90's though.

Comment

If I were you, I'd put a nickel C-5 and Pearly Gates neck in there. You'll like it.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X