Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help me Decide on Pickup

Hi Everyone,

I am having a hard time trying to decide which pickup I want to get for my guitar.

I currently have a 50th Anniversary Golden Strat, that has a JB Jr. in the Bridge,
    and Fender Texas Specials in the Middle and Neck. I love the JB Jr, and the Neck Texas Special, but I want to replace the middle pickup with a Humbucker. I need it to be a single slot humbucker like the JB Jr. since my guitar isn't routed for full-size ones.

I plan on playing mostly rock, some heavier, but I need something pretty versitile , as I won't strickly play with distortion by any means.

I was looking at the Seymour Duncan Hot Stack (STK-S2) it sounded really good to me in the Tone CD located on the website. I don't want to rule anything out though, and I wanted to get other players input. If you guys have had any experience with this pickup, or have any recommendations that you could make I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Re: Please Help me Decide on Pickup

Hi Bradmatic.
    I really like the hot stack in a neck postition but I have not tried it in a center position. It's glassy and sweet, without the hum.
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

From what you described, I want to throw my suggestion towards the Lil '59, what do you think of the sound on that one?
      Rock On
      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

I've heard a lot of great things about the Lil '59. I was almost going to buy that one for my bridge instead of the JB Jr. I'm kinda basing my soley on the Tone CD on the website. The Hot Stack sounds really awesome to me, the only thing is that everything will be slightly different on their own guitars, through different amps. I was just kinda wondering what experiences everyone has had with different model pickups, especially since I wasn't able to find very many good opinions about the Hot Stack online, (a ton about the Lil '59.) Anyhow, if there is anything else I can say to help you give me a better idea please let me know. Thanks for the help!

Comment

lil 59 should be good in that position, no routing
          '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
          Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
          Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
          Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Comment

Has anyone tried using the Classic Stack? What is your take on Hot Rails and Cool Rails? Thanks so much again for the input, sounds like everyone loves the Lil '59; I just want to explore every option.

Comment

Working...
            X