Ideas for an Antiquity III line...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for an Antiquity III line...

Not that they'd ever do it . But lets speculate for fun! What kind of Antiquity line would you like to see?
    Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Re: Ideas for an Antiquity III line...

It's an interesting thought, but one of the ideas behind an Antiquity is to recreate something from the past, that's hard to find today. Seymour has already done that for the two most recent eras (50's & '60's). We would have to wait a while for the '70's and 80's pups to become "antiquated", plus the fact, they kinda sucked

No diss intended...it is an interesting thought.

Jeff
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Maybe for the Antiquity III line Seymour Duncan should put out aged versions of his own pickups. For instance, an aged Jazz/JB set in zebra (like the ones in the Tele-Gib).
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrec
        It's an interesting thought, but one of the ideas behind an Antiquity is to recreate something from the past, that's hard to find today. Seymour has already done that for the two most recent eras (50's & '60's). We would have to wait a while for the '70's and 80's pups to become "antiquated", plus the fact, they kinda sucked

No diss intended...it is an interesting thought.

Jeff

I won't take it as a diss . This is meant to be for fun not necessarily realistic.

But I agree with Benjy, which was my original thought: what might Duncan pickups sound like in 50 years? It might be possible to predict this based upon what we know about the way other pickups age.
        Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed
          I won't take it as a diss . This is meant to be for fun not necessarily realistic.

But I agree with Benjy, which was my original thought: what might Duncan pickups sound like in 50 years? It might be possible to predict this based upon what we know about the way other pickups age.

That is an excellent idea. With the JB, you have some naturally aged ones out there now, since they were Seymour's first creation.
          "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
            Maybe for the Antiquity III line Seymour Duncan should put out aged versions of his own pickups. For instance, an aged Jazz/JB set in zebra (like the ones in the Tele-Gib).
            i agree sort of...but i don't think it needs to be called an antiquity i think offering the regular line of pickups in an aged version with or without covers would be great (with a slight upcharge but not custom shop prices). sometimes you want an old look for a guitar but a modern sound and having an option for that with pickups like the JB, the custom(s), the jazz etc would be great.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I have a few ideas for the Antiquity line.

For strats, I'd do similar to Fender by offering 'early 60's (SRV tone) Ants, and late 60's (Hendrix) Ants. Basically, just voiced so that players have a choice of what era.
              I'd offer perfectly overwound bridges on every single Antiquity, including the humbucker, so semi-modern players can still have the aged nickel look, but in a hotter version. The option of 4 lead would be nice too.
              I'd offer the Seth Lover bridge in a black tremspaced version as well, if it turns out that it sounds good with Floyds and Fender bridges (not sure).

Lew suggested making the Ant I's and II's the same wind direction/polarity, so that mixing them would be easier to wire up. That would be Seymour's call, since he's trying to be as faithful to the original as possible, including the filter dust.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X