what pickup/s would do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pickup/s would do this?

This isn't really for personal use but maybe later on (custom warmoth strat sucking my funds). But anyway I was wondering what pickup/s would cover bands like:

Tsunami Bomb: www.tsunamibomb.com

(There's a player on the site you can hear)

And I'm not sure if you guys have heard Less Than Jake. Everytime i search for them I get Jake E. Lee because it omits some words. The song i'm really thinking of is "The Ghost of you and me" if anyone knows it.

What bridge/neck pickups achieve this tone? I watched some live vids and the pickups all had Chrome covers on them (assumed they were gibson stock pups as they were all using gibsons). Also is this sound what most call a "PAF" sound (Even though distorted). Trying to get a knack for the terms used around here.

If anything the answers to these questions could solve questions by other people. Thanks for the time I really appreciate it as it helps me learn. Since wood and amp are a huge factor let's just say it's Basswood and a Mesa Rectifier (Since those are really the only two things I know and am used to).

And btw I would like to thank everyone for their help with pickups in my Basswood Showmaster. The pickups are arriving soon hopefully. I ended up going for the Dimebucker (Seemed to fit the thickness I needed while retaining clarity) and the 59 (full shred sounded nice but worried about it being thin as I've heard). I doubt I'll get these tones with the dimebucker but hey noone knows, figure if the dimebucker and jazz don't work I'll learn to do my own installing otherwise it will just be too expensive.

Once again thanks!
    Peavey Classic 50 2x12

Fender Classic Player Jaguar HH
    Fender Showmaster

Korg Pitchblack
    Boss Ph-2
    MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Re: what pickup/s would do this?

hmm... the Custom line may be what your after, PAF sound with a big punch as well. Less Than Jake play ska as well if im not mistaken.. so maybe a Custom Custom would be your best bet. It's like a vintage alnico 2 bucker with increased output. Also, i personally believe you cant go past an Alnico II Pro in the neck.
    chimaeraSUN
    Ernie Ball MusicMan Y2D (Dimarzio Steve Morse Bridge/Neck)
    Washburn WI200PRO (SD Custom Custom/'59)
    Ovation 1778-T Blue Flames
    1989 Charvel Spectrum (Tone Zone S/Area 61/Air Norton)

Line 6 HD147
    Crybaby 535Q
    Digitech Whammy
    Boss HR-2/LS-2/AC-2

Comment

Working...
    X