Vester SFT-70A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vester SFT-70A

Hi im new and im looking to upgrade my guitar. My guitar is currently a Vester SFT-70A and while it feels pretty good to play on the pickups are a bit on the dodgy side.

Does anyone know what sort of pickups i can put into the guitar? Im looking at getting an Invader humbucker and then when i get more cash getting two single coils for the neck and the middle, but how do i know if they will fit? I dont want to have to cut the guitar to make them fit...

I cant find any information on my guitar because vester doesnt exist anymore, so if any of you know anything that could help me please say something!

Re: Vester SFT-70A

welcome to the forum!!

from the look of it, two singles and a humbucker should fit as long as you get single coils that dont have the flange on the bottom.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

if you look at the pick of the vintage staggered it has the flange
    the hot doesnt.

what type of tone are you going for?

Comment

I've seen some of those Vester guitars here in South Africa. I'd say you should listen to the tone chart clips on the SD site, and decide what kind of sound you're after. Then get a pickup to match. Humbucker in the bridge is fairly popular, singles for neck. Mostly guys upgrade the bridge first. As i remember the Vester was fairly inexpensive, so the quality difference from stock to SeyDunc is going to be really really major. Enjoy...
      '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
      Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
      Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
      Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Comment

Mind you the Vesters i saw were not as "high end" as that - ie the Floyd Rose style trem and the EMG-ish style pickups. But still SD will help alot
        '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
        Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
        Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
        Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Comment

I had a vester once , a lefty

put in a hum from dimarzio (metal humbucker) I didnīt knew SD at that time ;-(

Bought from a friend 2 original strat coils , put them in and it worked fine at that time for me .

But after a year with a lot of gigs the guitar was just trash ...

Johnny
          This one goes to eleven (Spinal Tap)
          And always remember the last words of my father ; "A Truck" (Emo Philips)

Comment

Yeah the reason im looking at getting a pair of SDs into my guitar is because as you say, it has the floyd rose style tremolo, and the neck feels pretty good too. Its just the pickups that need a rehaul...

Thanks for the advice guys. I think i might get an Invader in the bridge and see how i go, im trying to get a good metal sound so that seems to fit.

Is there a simple explanation as to why i might want active as opposed to passive pickups?

Comment

Working...
            X