Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One more Dimebucker devotee...

I don't think that was the case ^^^^^

Bill was making pickups through out Dimes entire career. I don't see how they would be hard find? I think it was all about $$$$$ It's no big secret that Dime didn't get his endorsements from Duncan, until the making of Reinventing the Steel even then, Pantera was on the brinks. I don't even think there was anything recorded with them until Damageplan and even then he said used the Dean from Hell on alot that album also.

Go grab the book Riffer Madness. It gives alot of interesting details about his setup.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

"When I was playing the old Dean® guitars, I found a pickup which fit that guitar. Those pickups went out of production and became hard to find. Since then, I’ve switched over to Washburn guitars and those guitars needed a new pickup that would work well with them and give me the sound I want."

That's an excerpt from his interview on the Duncan site. I'm aware that it is a Duncan interview, and could appear biased, but I never really heard him say anything to contradict himself before, so...
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

They never went out of production. The Partnership of the original company split in 84, but both men continued to make pickups. Bill was making his pickups in Germany for awhile (OBLs). The other continued to make the not so good versions here n the states. Either way, I'm sure he didn't sit near his computer on forums all day like us that know where to go to get these things!

Did they even have internet back then? How would I survive?

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          Not to derail the thread, but do you guys think Duncan should offer a new pickup as a tribute to Dime's memory, called the Hails Rails Dime Neck, basically the Dimebucker neck? Since Dime obviously never used the pickup, it could be created as a "toast to Dime" tribute model? It's an idea I'm approaching Duncan with. I've always thought that model needs a matching neck position.

A while back I found an Ebay auction for a Dimebucker, and a Custom Shop Dimebucker neck...MJ has done one before.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
            "When I was playing the old Dean® guitars, I found a pickup which fit that guitar. Those pickups went out of production and became hard to find. Since then, I’ve switched over to Washburn guitars and those guitars needed a new pickup that would work well with them and give me the sound I want."

That's an excerpt from his interview on the Duncan site. I'm aware that it is a Duncan interview, and could appear biased, but I never really heard him say anything to contradict himself before, so...

That's not completely the truth....Alot of the high end Washburn Sig models (333s and up) came with the not so good 500XLs as did alot of Nuno Sigs....It was rumored that the top dollar custom shop Dimes came with the "real" 500s but wasn't in standard production guitars because Bill couldn't keep up with Washburns demand.

IMO it was about the allmighty dollar. And there's nothing wrong with that. Bill Lawrence says on his website that he has NO paid endorsers and pickups speak for themselves.

There's nothing wrong with getting a pickup made the way you want it, with your name on it and on top of that, get paid to use it!

Comment

Originally posted by 9finger
              There's nothing wrong with getting a pickup made the way you want it, with your name on it and on top of that, get paid to use it!
              That's an interesting point. I think a lot of us get all high & mighty about what artists get paid for, when any of us would gladly accept a royalty check to get gear custom made
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

aahahh YAH
                JBFROM HELL, where are the clips ? AhahAHaHAhahaHA
                Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
                X