The best combo ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best combo ever...

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now and started off on a Peavey Reactor (damn fine tele clone) and decided I needed something better...I bought a lefty Epiphone G-400 SG that came stock w/grovers for a little under 400. As i'm sure you all know, Epiphone pickups are garbage so i took them out, and being the Duncan devotee that I am (duncans in ALL 5 of my instruments) I bought a set of '59s. I had them in for a few weeks and liked them but the bridge pickup lacked the raunch i need, the cleans are great but i wanted more out of the dirty sound. I went out on a limb and purchased the Dimebucker...I will say; I have never given Pantera a real listen and strayed far away from Damageplan, hell, I'd never listened to Dime's playing before he died. He was a good guitarist but not my cup of tea. Anyway, back on track, the first thing I noticed was the impressive clean tones, it's a little too shimmery on its own but with both pickups on you get a nice blend of shimmer and balls. Dirty, it is the most amazing pickup i've ever heard (and I've owned most of Duncans pickups). Every nuance of my playing styles came through very well and the articulation of the individual strings in dirty chords is phenomenal. I play everything (except metal and country), from Weezer to Co&Ca to the Pixies. The best combo of pickups i've ever used as the SH-13 and the SH-1n. Everyone should try it. Does anyone know if they are going to discontinue the SH-13? If so I should buy them up now, eh? Does anyone else use this pickup and if so what do you use in the neck? Oh yeah, one last thing...pinch harmonics on this pickup kick so much arse...so throaty, I LOVE IT. That is all.

-Michael

Re: The best combo ever...

i wish i had every duncan pickup infront of me so i could find out which i want, ive been recommended the dimebucker for my jem to replace the shrill sounding dimarzio evolution, but then i decided i liked the Duncan Distortion, and the JB and then i remembered how much i love the full shred, its hard to chose from so many good pickups.

well anyway, god to hear you like it
    Cornford Hellcat
    Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
    Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
    Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
    Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Working...
    X