banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

petrucci Ibanez wiring and a general wiring Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petrucci Ibanez wiring and a general wiring Q.

Hey,
    did anybody out there ever try to wire a pair of duncans the same way Dimarzio's steve special and air norton were wired on the old Ibanez petrucci model?(using a 4pdt on/on/on)?
    assuming i translate Dimarzio's wire color codes into the duncans correctly, should it work? i cant think of any reason why it shouldnt...?
    also i m currently building a guitar(which will hopefully) have a pair of duncan buckers in it wired the petrucci way.
    i have not yet drilled and routed all internal cavities for pickups and controls but i wa wondering if it is indeed neccessary to use my guitar's bridge as a ground? will it make any difference if i just place a metal screw inside the control cavity and use it as a ground? why are the pots covers not enough?

ill appreciate any ideas, suggestions or definitive answers!

thanks,
    Udi.

Re: petrucci Ibanez wiring and a general wiring Q.

On the bridge grounding question, it is fairly important that you ground it. By grounding the bridge, you also ground the strings. Your body acts as a great RF antenna. Most of the noise that your guitar picks up, it gets from your body. If the strings weren't grounded, when you touched the strings, you'ld apply all that noise into them, which would be picked up by the pickups.

It would sound awful.

Comment

Re: petrucci Ibanez wiring and a general wiring Q.

I don't see how wiring your pickups the Petrucci way and making compensations for the Duncan schematics wouldn't work. But that's just my (supposed) common sense talking. :shrug:

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Comment

Working...
      X