Livewire wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livewire wiring question

I have a Livewire Hot for Strat. When I got it, it was in (big surprise) a Strat. I pulled it out yesterday to put in a Red Lace, and noticed that there were 250k pots in place. I know that the Livewires are supposed to use 100k pots. Wired with the 250k, the pickup was still very hot, but I don't know what it's supposed to sound like.

What I'm getting at here is, what am I missing out on by continuing to use the 250 rather than switching to 100? I like swapping pickups a lot, so is it worth the extra trouble to trade out the pot?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Livewire wiring question

since you have a red lace in there, it doesnt matter but next time you try the livewire, try it with the right value

Comment

I know that a 250k will tame the highs in a 'bucker, but does anyone have any idea what a 250k will do the tone of an active?
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

It will be too bright!
        But you can use the 250k pot with the live wire, if you add a resistor between pickup and switch (don't know the value - maybe 200k?).
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
        X