Introducing Thrash Factor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Trying to do more through the dealers these days instead of having random people call up the head of the Custom Shop every time they have a question?
    Call ur sales engineer. He'll get you a Trash Factor set with a TB.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Yeah - I think Dave just had a mis-tabled 59....
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Trying to do more through the dealers these days instead of having random people call up the head of the Custom Shop every time they have a question?
        This has always been the case when inquiring about Shop Floor Customs. If you want someone to custom build you a pickup, contact the Custom Shop.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sure. lots of OEM pickups differ from the regularly available formula. Jackson states what they want, SD makes it happen for a certain # of units. It would make sense that they don't have long legs for the thin body/non-arched top Jacksons.
          They do this with all sorts of options: conductor number, colors, size and placement of font on the bobbin.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Are you going by that video or by the studio album?
            The video.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Ugh. Try the original studio album Rust in Peace. Thats the sound we have been loving for three decades.
              Sound, what sound? It's all hearsay...
              https://www.martyfriedman.com/fans_f...nt.php?id=7556
              https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/rock_chronicles_rock_chronicles_1990s_marty_friedm an.html

I'm guessing you used the Jacksons for all these solos?
              I have three main Jacksons: I've got Number One, Two, and Three, and I tried to use them equally. I wound up using Two and Three more than Number One and Number One is my main live guitar. So I think maybe live that guitar sounds the best but in the studio under the microscope, Two and Three sounded the best. I used Number One for maybe two or three solos.
              Last edited by AdrianSD; 10-15-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

What does this have to do with anything? Marty is not a gearhead; he is an actual musician who can probably get his sound no matter what gear he is using. I am talking about Dave Mustaine.
                That is my point, the RIP album guitars tone has little, if anything to do with the choice of pickups as it's discussed here. Mustaine, otoh, is both a ridiculously talented player and a very successful businessman who's been steering his ship for what, almost 40 years? Of course he needs to fund his business from various sources and this includes endorsement and what not. What's a Thrash Factor, some kind of JB variant? Not taking anything from him, of all the '80 and '90s metal he's my favourite composer and rhythm guitar player and the same applies to him: he'll always sound like himself no matter what gear he uses. Who can really tell the difference from listening to the tracks whether they had a bone stock JB, a JBJ or an early '80 JB when, quoting Marty, "this whole album that we just did was recorded completely dry; no effects on anything"? I can bet you can get exactly the same result regardless of the JB pickup flavour just by fiddling with the along the signal chain. Cork sniffing.

Comment

I dont care. I am buying the pickups because I am bored.
                  Fair enough, enjoy! Over here I'm heating up the soldering iron now for a pickup swap afternoon party

Comment

What do you have going on?
                    The BW set went in the Korean Jackson PS4, that's such a nice guitar to play but it's too dark. I mean, it was, now it's killing it! Grind, grit, upper mids, exactly what I was missing, suddenly a $350 guitar has now become my favourite
                    Ummm, sorry for the offtopic

Comment

Looks cool! How is the trash factor?
                      The things that you wanted
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Now I’m thinking about the Thrash Factor. Damn you

Comment

Working...
                        X