banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bought a JB/59 set and they are as good as their rep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a JB/59 set and they are as good as their rep!

I ordered a distortion and a jazz online but they will take a few days to get in the mail so i was at GC and they had the JB and a jazz in stock for $60 each which i thought was a good deal?
    being the impatient person that i am i bought them on the spot to put in my les paul custom black beauty
    I have to admit that they really are as great as thier reputation says they are!
    the JB is really a sparkling wonder
    very rich and vibrant/alive with this cool as all hell singing lead voice
    i can see why it is so popular.
    i cant say that is as brute like as the emg 81 but they have some simularities tone wise.
    both have a very clean bass response and are very rich articulate.
    but i think the JB has more to say vocally
    1957 RI gibson historic black beauty lester(DD/JAZZ)
    2003 gibson zakk wylde custom shop lester (stock EMG)
    1996 gibson lester custom(DD/59 neck)
    1997 fender lone star (DD TB-6/duckbucker/lil 59)
    Marshall ZW 2203 100 watt top
    5150 block letter head
    4 1960B marshall cabs

Re: bought a JB/59 set and they are as good as their rep!

Glad you like em man! One thing I have experienced is that the JB has to be as close to the strings as possible to sound optimal too.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Re: bought a JB/59 set and they are as good as their rep!

Interesting snice I myself am seriously considering this time tested combo in my LP. Although I would go JB/Jazz with nickel covers. I tried the Rio Grande BBQ/Texas and C-5 in the bridge and am now back to the Burstbucker Pros. I am now looking into the JB/Jazz. I just want versatility with a rather thick/rich tone. I also know the JB is capable iof sparkling cleans which is nice!

Comment

Working...
      X